check out this old school trucking music video

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Dec 23, 2018.

1. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    i would love the opprotunity to drive an autocar, GMC brigadier, peterbuilt 359..... i would love to drive something vintage for the experience.... roll coal with an old two stroke Detroit, an early 3406, or a big cam Cummings. our shop does work outside work for other companies. the one day they had an old dump truck they were working on, it was a 1975 international 10-wheeler...... it had an L-10 Cummings. the sound that thing made...... wow. it barked, the mechanic was out in the parking lot playing with it a little..... i think he was having far too much fun with it LOL. as far as automatics, you can keep the darn things. i am a gear jammer and i have fun shifting. i guess i will be among the last of the gear jammers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    if you wanted cruise control, you pulled the throttle all the way out and locked it...

Dennixx Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
  5. NJ TRUCK

NJ TRUCK Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2013
    New Jersey

Never drove an Autocar or a 359.
    But the GMC was one of my worst trucks, felt like you were sitting on the floor and couldn't see anything over that hood.
    I did local ltl, so visibility was important.

The other two were kinda cool,

318 Detroit with a 13sp in an old Ford L9000. It was fun, but loud, barely could hear the radio in that truck. And hot as hell in the summer.

Then my dads 1992 KW T800 day cab with the 3406b, 9 sp.
    Ran Edison to Carlisle, nobody passed my on the flats, but lost it all on the hills. Must have been the gear ratio.. That was a good motor, we got around 6.2 mpg, and always passed the NJ emission test with flying colors. Had over 700K when he was done, never opened the engine. All local NJ,NY,PA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.