Children and Hazmat loads

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by sw6416, Dec 13, 2015.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No.

Yes is very dumb. And no I wont lecture.

I am replying on the premise that you are not trolling. You wont get into a rack facility with a child neither will you allow a child to wander outside of the gate or gas station.

I take liberties sometimes with passengers but.. eh... I rather just err on the side of safety. If I am going to be cremated if the tanker goes at least the offspring will carry on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckersWife8818

TruckersWife8818 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2020

His company doesnt we have those with him on multiple occasions and even over nights he has been driving a truck for 10 years.... but now with her stating it's a law I'm thinking we are going to have to prove that it's not for the court! I have never heard of such a law and neither has my husband..... I cant even find anything listed about passengers other than insurance and requirements from carriers.

4. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Why do you have to prove that it's not law? Me thinks the OP should have to prove that it is a law, to collaborate her statements.

Many times, the problem is, he/she who gets in the first lie, is hard to dispute....

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If your husband is taking the kids, or in fact, any passengers with him in the truck without written authority from his company he is setting himself up for a big ticket. If his company finds out he may be looking for a job. I was wondering about that from your first post, because I don't know of any fuel haulers that do allow passengers, especially kids. Their insurance companies simply would not allow it.

6. TruckersWife8818

TruckersWife8818 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2020

Yeah definitely not his job or insurance just strictly what she is stating. I cannot find anything in writing.

7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    There is a law requiring your husband to have authorization from the carrier to have passengers (§392.60, see below). Your posts are unclear about whether the carrier is aware and allows it. Given that he is hauling fuel it is highly unusual that either the carrier, or their insurer would allow it.

If he is taking unauthorized passengers with him, he is not only risking a big ticket from enforcement, but would likely lose his job as well. This has nothing to do with the ex.

If it is all okay from the carrier and your husband has the proper documentation to have passengers then tell the ex to produce the law they are claiming, or go pound sand. If it were actually in court I can't imagine a judge just taking their word for it with no proof. It would be up to them to prove it does exist, not up to you to prove it doesn't.

§392.60 Unauthorized persons not to be transported.

(a) Unless specifically authorized in writing to do so by the motor carrier under whose authority the commercial motor vehicle is being operated, no driver shall transport any person or permit any person to be transported on any commercial motor vehicle other than a bus. When such authorization is issued, it shall state the name of the person to be transported, the points where the transportation is to begin and end, and the date upon which such authority expires. No written authorization, however, shall be necessary for the transportation of:

(1) Employees or other persons assigned to a commercial motor vehicle by a motor carrier;

(2) Any person transported when aid is being rendered in case of an accident or other emergency;

(3) An attendant delegated to care for livestock.
    (b) This section shall not apply to the operation of commercial motor vehicles controlled and operated by any farmer and used in the transportation of agricultural commodities or products thereof from his/her farm or in the transportation of supplies to his/her farm.​

wis bang and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.