China’s 30 story tall air cleaning tower is a successful test for many150 story air cleaning towers

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I wonder why they made the stack white, since black would absorb more heat and create more draft.

3. SouthernNortherner

SouthernNortherner Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Ohio
    The hot air has to be concentrated at bottom to be regulated rising upward to ensure thorough filtration to desired standard is my best guess. Think HVAC where air is sucked in at certain point and sent on specific path to ensure desired heating or cooling effect maybe..idk

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    So aircraft don’t hit it. Obstacles that high can be a danger to air navigation.

5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

So how many would they need for a place like Beijing? Not being a jerk..just honestly curious.

I remember all the news stories when they held the Olympics about the pollution levels there.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Fun Fact: Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second (7 mph). 171 Facts about Funny Stuff ←FACTSlides→

6. SouthernNortherner

Jan 18, 2018
    Ohio
    The original post gives the basis for math problem if u knew sq mi of the city...

7. SouthernNortherner

Jan 18, 2018
    Ohio
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They're building two new mega-cities from the ground up that are beside Beijing. Maybe they'll have those towers since both cities are being planned with the most modern features. The two new cities plus Beijing will have approx. 130 million people and be larger than New York City. The cities will be high tech and designed to attract the smartest, most highly educated people. Service sector workers will have to commute from the outskirts of the city since housing won't be available or affordable within the city. Service sector workers will have affordable transportation with high speed rail, high speed subways, buses, light rail, etc.
    One of the new subway stations is under construction across the street from where I own a condo. Lucky me, paid $84K USD for the 3 bedroom/2 bath condo and now the value has jumped to $1 million USD! No, it's not for sale and I get offers often!

9. SouthernNortherner

Jan 18, 2018
    Ohio
    Lucky me, paid $84K USD for the 3 bedroom/2 bath condo and now the value has jumped to $1 million USD!
    As often in life timing is everything!.....
    Sounds like a lil bit of dubai a lil bit of Singapore

Sirscrapntruckalot and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.