Chiropractors can sign the DOT physical?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by The Patriot, May 12, 2016.

1. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    a chiropractor being certified to do DOT physicals is like having a hazmat endorsement. more work available.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    They're quacks. Can't believe they can certify.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Spine Doctor

Spine Doctor Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2020
    You have NO IDEA about what your saying! A chiropractor goes to chiropractic school which is a specialized school for Doctors who want to learn about muscular/skeleton issues. A Spine holds the bundle of nerves which is associated with all your organs throughout the body. They are experts in Nerve issues, learn how to read x Ray's for reports and findings. (Medical drs are not) A chiropractor dies 2 years undergrad as any science based education, then continues o. For another 6 years of the same coursework that medical or allopathic medical students take. In addition to neurology and , radiology they are allowed to perform an MUA, with neurologists in hospitals because of their specialty as a doctor of the spine. They DO NOT just treat aches and pains. The ONLY difference of medical education is pharmacology, they do not treat with drugs, they have the lowest malpractice and CAN fix subluxation. Some work with neurologists and are highly regarded for their expertise with nerve conducting issues such as pinched nerves and can follow the root of the problem with expertise. Also a distinct difference between educational institutions among chiropractors. All MY chiropractors MUST come from Palmer Chiropractic College in Iowa credit hours are similar, at the best they spend more time on the body than on pharmacology. Techniques are very specific to a patients root problems. Most medical doctors do not know the rigorous training good chiropractors need to be the best in their field. Your just not knowledgeable.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  5. Spine Doctor

Dec 13, 2020

6. Spine Doctor

Dec 13, 2020
    Your wrong! Chiropractors go to school and study the same course work as any medical student. They specialize in muscular skeletal and radiograph so they can give accurate diagnosis for report of findings. (Med students dont) They are utilized in surgery with neurologists to perform MUAs because a Chiropractor is trained to do it. NO physical therapist nor an osteopath can do what a well trained chiropractor with 6 years of medical training can do. Anatomy and Physiology with Radiology. ONLY difference is a Chiropractor is not an allopathic Doctor, ie they do not diagnose and give drugs to
    their patients, they do not train in pharmacology due to not wanting to mask the root of the problem. You just dont know. They were given the same opportunity in 1910 the American Medical Association black listed Chiropractors due to there NOT wanting to use drugs and ONLY wanting to specialize in neck and spine being that is where all your issues stem from.

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I've always wondered what happened to the guys whose grades weren't good enough to get into a regular medical school.
    Now I know.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  8. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Well you consider them quacks, but guess what a Chiropractor got my back fixed so I could walk without agony after 10 years of getting epidurals and going to a orthopedic surgeon. Gave a chiropractor a try guess what in a matter of a couple months no more pain and what little pain I do get have I can manage with over the counter pain meds. I have 3 fused vertebrae and bone Spurs. But yeah a chiropractor did wonders for me. I use one for my physical as well

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Yeah, well I had one ruin me. After each session he and someone else would have to help me back to my car. I finally had a neurosurgeon operate on my back. I was on the table for two hours. Parts of my disk had splintered off into my sciatic nerve, but this quack who has no training in internal medicine just kept on with his manipulations. He ended up giving all my money back. He knew he was wrong.

10. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I hear ya it’s literally a crap shoot with doctors of any stripe. My mother retired as a Nurse practitioner of over 30 years. Only way you can get her to a doctor is if she is unconscious. Her quote is “bunch of pill pushing quacks”. Pharmaceutical reps give kick backs and crap for pushing pills to mask things then ya need more to offset side effects and you know how that goes. But yeah it literally is almost like Russian roulette. Glad to hear it worked out

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    It shouldn't matter who gives you your physical. Just that the person doing it is licensed to give you the DOT physical .Heck, if the government certified Circus Clowns, it would be just as official as if a Noble awarded doctor gave you the same physical.
    Now, if you go to one that does not follow the criteria as dictated by the Federal regulations, then there is room for complaint.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.