Choosing between 3, which ELD should I pick? Keep Truckin, DriveELD, or BigRoad?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Charlie Best, Jul 26, 2019.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    No complains about BigRoad here. Not a single issue since the beginning

Charlie Best Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Charlie Best

Charlie Best Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2019
    Iowa
    That sounds good. Worried about that price though, it seems pretty absurd that its 2-3 times more expensive than the other two.

4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It's like $250 per year, how much do others cost?
    Edit: $234 for me. I get $66 discount don't remember why

5. Charlie Best

Jul 8, 2019
    Iowa
    I looked on eldratings.com and it says that it's $40 a month, while Driveeld is $15 a month and KT is $20 a month with $150 startup

6. dynamite

dynamite Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Wisconsin
    BigRoad is $19.50/month or $25 with mileage/IFTA tracking. If you get it from NASTC you get the Fleet features also.

7. Charlie Best

Jul 8, 2019
    Iowa
    Why the hell isn't IFTA free on some of these services? Neither KT nor BigRoad give it for free. Doesn't seem like it should be that hard for them to process that stuff.

foggy Thanks this.
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Ya very easy

9. LightningExpress

LightningExpress Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2019
    We use geowiz, problems at first but has been solid for over a year, and no monthly fee. Switched from keepittruckign when they wouldn't take our calls any more last year

10. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    I've used Big Road for years, before the ELD mandate. No issues whatsoever. Very easy to use and it's nice not having another box on my dash. I cast my vote for Big Road

Charlie Best and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I worked for two companies that used KT. It worked better than JJK's reset-wrecker I had used before so I thought it was gold. A few little tricks to learn to get entries correct, but not bad. In many respects it's well thought out and I really got to like using it and trusted it.

But I had little interface with KT the company.

Then I decided I wanted my own account, to keep track at a company that still uses paper and doesn't have PTI forms. KT offer a simple account free, no ELD but logging and PTI's all saved on one place I could access.

We had an issue to work out with opening the account which required some correspondence: It was my fault, I asked a question in a certain way which was confusing. Keep that in mind if you're interested in KT, you need to think about what you ask and how, because otherwise it can take a while to get it straight.

Every reply I sent, no matter how long we were conversing, got another automated assurance email reply in between, was like having a talkative 3 year old in the room interrupting. I had dozens of content-free automated reassuring emails to delete to get to the ones that were intentional.

Then the actual replies indicated that the person responding had not read/understood my query, perhaps an AI bot read it and parsed it, but keywords only and no context. And the replies were rarely answered by the same person, always someone else trying to pick up on what was said before but not really quite getting it.

Even spoke with customer service and tried to straighten it out (they called me after being frustrated themselves with their own system), and in the end I did get my account, but there are other issues, mostly around their aggressive marketing, that make using it kinda questionable in this situation. And to resolve those I'd need to do yet more rounds with their automated replies for each issue.

So now, well, I know how to use KT and work with it, but I don't think I'd buy into it myself unless the lower entry cost outweighed all else.

These feverish AI people really grate on me, at this point AI is basically garbage data in and out, not hard to find articles on how Amazon and Google and Apple are really using underpaid laborers behind the curtain of their AI miracles like Alexa and Siri so that they actually work, and when's the last time you read about the Apple or Google cars?

Google bought Waymo instead of trying to make their own cars and they also Waymo run semi trucks in the PHX area with all those sensors as well, but I watched a Waymo minivan just about take out a wall at a fuel depot the other day trying to circle it as well as a human could. Two of us were already figuring out where else to get fuel when it decided to stop trying and left.

I think that is the crux of KT's issues right now, they have some fixation with AI and it really doesn't work but they just cannot see that or how suicidal it is to keep trying. I'm guessing that the one thing AI is good at is making Kool-Aid, it must use a lot of sugar when it makes a pitcher. Or something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.