Christian Company Bull

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by uncletommy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. uncletommy

uncletommy Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Lorain. Oh
    Well being a christian company may sound good but it is all bull. I got fired because I refused to "DOCTOR" my logs in the dedicated division. They treated me like the energizer bunny but I could not keep going and going. But the thing that really gets me is they didn't have the guts to do it face to face. My dispatcher deadheaded me 334 mile from Ohio to the Indy term. When I got there they told me to call my dispatcher who the just gave me a phone number to call Greyhound. 7 days short of a year. Merry ##### xmas. Now can anyone tell me how to get a copy on my DAC.:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007
    People/companies who loudly advertise themselves as “Christian” tend to be the most hypocritical in my experience.

Actions will always speak louder than words.

4. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Well, not trying to be sarcastic, but its equally easy for a non-christian or whatever to look at Christians and call them Hypocrites because they have some sort of standard and don't live up to it. Its easy to compare us to a standard when we have one...but for others who complain about us....what can we compare them to?

Anywho....just curious Tommy, why did they want you to doctor your dedicated logs. Usually those are set up so you don't go over on hours.

5. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Sorry Ziggy, this is where your nooby-ness is showing; just because your run for SNI can be done legally, and/or SNI doesn't want/push you to run illegal, doesn't mean other companies don't. To many companies (at least the crappier ones) a dedicated driver is the best slave available: they will keep you moving hauling whatever runs the customer can't cover, worrying more about keeping the customer happy than keeping u legal.

How do I know this? I used to run for one of those "Christian" companies, COVENANT! And that is what they expected of their dedicated/regional drivers. If U shut up and ran the freight, then they were happy and you wouldn't have to worry about miles. But speak up once too often, and the party would be over.

6. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The problem is, it seems that companies that claim to be "Christian" use the identification as only a marketing ploy and not as a way of life. Christian companies have NO standards. They ARE hypocritical. Jesus threw them out of the Temple once, I can't wait for him to do it again.
    EVERY company I have ever worked for (in 35 years) who claimed to operate on "Christan Standards" have ALWAYS stabbed their employees in the backs. They have ALWAYS taken advantage of others, they have ALWAYS been thieves and con-men, much like their Television Idols.

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I think their needs to be a seperation of church and trucking company.:biggrin_25525:

8. acw

acw Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Florida
    Interesting post. I guess we are all under the gun from competition. If one competitior says they can get the cargo there in 'x' time...then a christian company must follow suit.

9. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007

Amen to that!:biggrin_25525:

10. Johnny99

Johnny99 Johnny be Good

Nov 24, 2007
    Big Sandy Tenn
    I used to work for BoWevil Express out of Henderson Tn. They were a christian co, they were good to work for. They even had a company chaplain on the payroll and that was his only job. You could run hard if you wanted to, or you could run legal, but they didn't push you. Some of the so called "Christian Companies" talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. BoWevil did both untill they got taken over by a bunch of bean counters. The chaplain, the ex owner, and their work philosophy were the first ones shown the door. Most of the old drivers who had been there a long time quit within a year.

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Maybe you haven't been tithing enough. I say that as a joke, as it's my stock response begin as I lived in Utah for far too long. That place will have a certain negative effect on you if you're not a member of the flock. In Utah, if you're a certain religion and no other, you'll do fine. All other faiths are looked down on, christian or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.