Christian Company Bull

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by uncletommy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

So you have more power than God? That is what you are saying. You think that the death of Jesus has no meaning? He died once to save those that would believe in Him.You notice He doesn't get nailed to a cross every day because I sin every day? He paid a one time price for my security. God gave Him the power to save people from their sin. If you think you can lose that gift from God, then you are saying that you are saved by yourself because it is up to you to determine if you stay saved or not. I thank God that He cared enough to give His Son and that Jesus would pay the price to give eternal life. I also thank God that it is not up to me to hold that power because I can not save myself or keep it on my own standing. Thank God that my God can seal my eternal security.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

My saying i don't belive in a made up biblical verse of "once saved always saved" does not mean I think I have more power than God. I myself am a pentacostal. I do believe that God sent Jesus down here to die for our sins. HOWEVER, that doesnt mean we can just say "Praise Jeebus" and that everything is ##### dory and we can live our lives the way WE want afterwards.
    Accepting the gift of eternal savation starts with you accepting his death as payment for your sins, admitting you are a sinner and vowing to live a Christian life. Just because you accepted Christ as your savior during a church service at one time, that does not mean that living the rest of your life outside of the foundations of the Bible and the teachings of Christ is OK.
    I can't get into the pearly gates without the help of the big guy upstairs, however I refuse to live my life the way the world wants me to and expect to get into heaven based on a one night praise session, hoping that a one time experience with God will be enough to ignore the ungodly life I lived after that.

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Well according to your reply it sounds like your doomed to hell then. Who said I was saved in a church? I am a active member of a church. I did not say that me being a Christian is a permit to live like the devil thinking I can do anything I want because I am saved forever. A true Christain will be under a lot of guilt if one is living outside of the will of God. If one isn't then I would say better make sure that you read Matt 7-21
    People who think that they can be saved and live like the devil have never encounterd real salvation. People who think they can lose something that God reveals in His Word that is eternal then they have been misled in what power God has.

5. jbc

jbc Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Eastern US
    Zig,
    That's what the verse means. "Once saved, always saved" is a paraphrase of that verse. Once you invite Him into your heart (once saved) He is there forever (always saved). He doesn't leave you.

Actually, once you turn your life over to God you CAN screw it up royally during the remainder of your life and still be OK. He will forgive you for that. That's why God is so great. But once you turn your life over to God the Holy Spirit goes to work on heart so that you become a changed person and turn away from doing those "bad" things, whatever they may be.

As a believer I'm in a constant struggle with the Holy Spirit. I sin. More than I'd care to admit. But I know I have eternal salvation because God said so when He promised me eternal life. I battle the Holy Spirit a lot more than I should. It would please God if I would just stop fighting Him. But He loves me nonetheless and will never stop. I only need to be saved once.

6. ziggystyles

Well I guess this is where we differ.

I do believe in Salvation. I believe one can be Saved. However, I don't believe one can turn their life to God, and then lead a life that is far from Him and still be ok in His eyes.

You aren't likely to let a complete stranger into your house, eat with you, sleep in your bedroom...etc. I don't believe God would let someone into his Kingdom who made no effort to know Christ and live the life that God set and created for them.

As far as sin, that is who are are...we can't escape our sin. God knows we are sinners, which is why he sent Jesus down to die so that his blood would wash away our sins if we accepted that gift of salvation. Its in our nature to sin. Thats not what Im talking about. Im talking about falling away from God and living a life apart from him. I don't think God is going to let people stand there, wash their hands in his blood, and continue to live in their sinful ways apart from Him...and accept them into Heaven when they fall away and ignore his presence in their lives.

7. jbc

jbc Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Eastern US
    Zig,
    You keep comparing human behavior to how you think God will respond.

In your example, I would not let strangers enter my house, as you described. But God welcomes EVERYONE who comes to know Him. His house is open to anyone who asks to enter.

We often have a hard time understanding just how willing God is to forgive and forget. Behavior foreign to us humans.

You believe in salvation but think that very same salvation is limited and can be lost. You are underestimating God and His Word. He said, "everlasting life" and I believe that promise even when it seems unbelievable. How can He continue to love me and want me in heaven even when I continue to sin? It boggles the mind, doesn't it! But that's what He said. I will not let my human nature doubt His word.

Take care.

8. CelticDragon

CelticDragon Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2007
    keatchie,la
    GOD gave us a gift...and the devil made it a religion....peace!:biggrin_25518:

9. ziggystyles

God does welcome those who come to know him. However, I don't feel that a one night praise and worship session and accepting Christ as your saviour is a free pass into Heaven. When you accept Christ, you are accepting His death, His Sacrifice, His Love for you (and all that jazz); and you make a conscious effort in that proclimation of salvation that you need Him and His help in your life so that you can walk in his footsteps. You ask God for His will in your life so that you can do what he has created you to do and be.

We get into heaven not by works, but by faith. But a ten sentence uttering of words at a church service should not be the only measure used to determine ones dedication and sincerity in their desire to follow God. "well yeah, back in 63, they said God Help, lets just forget about everything elee and let em in" doesnt seem to make sense.

I don't see how one can ask God to forgive them for being a sinner, then continue to live an ungodly life and a life void of desire for his presence, and still expect to get past the holy bouncer, St. Pete.

10. MommaKay

MommaKay Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    There is no god but God. Everything else is dogma.

And possibly even that.

11. Cabhappygal

Cabhappygal Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2007
    USA-CANADA ANYWHERE
    God's Own Word, over and over again, contradicts the teachings of men who say "once-saved-always-saved". Discussions means nothing. People just repeat what they have heard a pastor say in church, a pastor who is a hireling who wants to keep people in the church, not frighten them away. O-S-A-S has been totally demolished as a position by those who actually have read the New Testament and do not have a professional church agenda.

Ziggystyles is a man after my own heart, and I think the Lord is seeking people like him to spread the truth.

There is a website that will surprise you. Just do a search for Dan Corner and The Evangelical Outreach - Then click on his homepage at the right for ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED. Whew!

But I knew what was up years before reading his stuff.

"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
    Phil. 2:12

Why not read the ENTIRE CHAPTER, John 15? It will surprise you, also, to learn what Jesus has to say.

There are dozens of solid Scripture passages like this, which so many self-professing Christians are either ignorant of, or they have been brainwashed into not being able to understand God's Own Word for themselves any longer. Repetition of disinformation gradually becomes hypnotic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.