Cigarette smoke clean-up in a 2023 Cascadia

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ConsciousTrucker, Oct 6, 2022.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Know that feeling bud, my first task would be to air out the whole cab open what ever vents and windows can be opened and get all that fresh air circulating in the truck if you can buy or already have one of those dash fans get that running, a good deodorizer if your not allergic to them, or pot purrie, if you are allergic to any of those air fresheners then your just going to have to air it out for as long as possible the smell will eventually disappear. Other option would be to wear a mask till it all goes away.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Man i forgot all about Simple Green, a fantastic product! Degreaser anyways.

201773 suggested Zep Cigarette and Smoke Cleaner. Zep also makes some pretty fantastic products that have crept into my everyday arsenal of products i use. Notably their Citrus Cleaner/Degreaser is fantastic and works almost as well as EZ Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner on my gas grill. They also have a Crystal Heat, a drain opener that more and more pro's use. $8 bottle of product $150 service call no sweat required. I

I trust ZEP is my point, they have good chemists. Let us know, i'm sure many in this industry could benefit.

Rideandrepair and tscottme Thank this.
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    No idea about a cascades but the t680 has 4 or 5 different cab filters. A lot more then meets the eye. I’d research them all and change out.

Rideandrepair and tscottme Thank this.
  5. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Every part of vehicle needs to be washed. Can try vinegar. Every part, under seats, seat belts, etc. Need new mattress. Febreeze and air purifier will not remove the tar. Needs to be soaked, scrubbed, and then absorbed by padding with cloth. It will take some time. You will not find relief otherwise… unless you request a different truck.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I get kits like this at the local hardware store to convert my gas cans to the old style. Vents and all.

https://www.amazon.com/3-kit-Univer...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Cattleman84, 2Tap and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    No matter how well you clean it, it'll always be there (unless you gut the interior and replace every bit of upholstry).

As far as I'm concerned its an occupational hazard to get into a truck someone has smoked in previously.

GYPSY65 Thanks this.
  8. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    And even all that unless down to the shell will still have it lingering in the vents etc

AModelCat Thanks this.
  9. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    A bowl of formaldehyde sitting in it for a few days might do it

10. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Can you even still buy that??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.