Citizens Against Legal and Moral Abuse, Inc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JRC, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    It's about time truckers stand up and fight against DAC and companies that want to ruin a driver's career. Our organization "Citizens Against Legal and Moral Abuse, Inc." would like to implement a program to stop companies from morally abusing drivers by using DAC to end their careers. Please contact us with ideas on what programs to implement to stop this type of abuse against drivers. Please do not give your ideas on this forum so companies can't easily have your ideas at their disposal. Contact us directly. Our contact information is below. Companies should be made to pay financially just like they are financially ruining drivers and maybe we all can come up with ideas that can change the lousy way drivers are blackballed as long as we all work together to stop it.

Before giving our contact information for CALMA, we want drivers to beware of a certain company. This company recently threatened to blackball my husband by putting something on his DAC report that happened 35 years ago. My husband realizes he made a mistake back then but never dreamed it would be used against him now. He and I have been married 29 years and together 30 years and this was never an issue with any other company. Here is the story:

My husband applied at Celadon and thought he was hired and thank God they didn't hire him as they are completely and unconditionally unforgiving and vindictively evil. They used something against my husband that happened 35 years ago. We are not talking a few years, we are talking 35 years and that is not a mistake. We are shocked as no other company has ever had an issue that would bring back the memory in my husband's mind. He didn't disclose that he stole a sander and chain 35 years ago as he forgot about it and besides he thought the judge threw it out of court since he followed the judges orders and paid restitution and got his diploma as well as served four months probation. And now Celadon will not hire him and has threatened to put it on his DAC report that he falsified the application. Can you believe it? We cannot believe they could get away with that. If I am not mistaken, truth is not a defense for a malicious act if they do put it on his DAC. Does anyone have any comments about this situation in any way? My husband has never been in any kind of trouble like that again. Celadon said they spent $300 dollars on checking my husband out and no wonder they spent so much with going back 35 years. It wasn't my husband's fault they spent that much money and now Celadon wants him to pay by trying to stop him from getting another truck driving job. Wow! We are still in awe about this.

Also, if you get hired with Celadon, you better not make any mistakes as they will fire you at the drop of a hat. The recruiter told me that if a driver is charged with anything, they will fire the driver as the driver had no business being charged. What that means is if you have any kind of accident and you are charged with it, you will be fired because of it. Like the Bible says, those who are without sin, let him cast the first stone. Well, Celadon expects you to be perfect and if you fall short of that, they will fire you. Unbelievable!

It can't be stressed enough that we all need to stand up and fight against DAC and companies blackballing drivers. Please contact us with ideas on implementing programs to stop this and we will begin putting something together using your ideas and giving credit if you want with any ideas you come up with. Here is our contact information:

Citizens Against Legal and Moral Abuse, Inc.
    P.O. Box 93581
    Lakeland, FL 33804
    352-206-5787
    Email: abuse@uscalma.org

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    jjranch Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    Sorry, but I made a mistake. I meant that we all need to stand up and fight against DAC and companies that are immorally abusing the system by using DAC to end a drivers career. I said moral instead of immoral.

4. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    For that posting,as I am sure many other drivers feel the same! I wish I could help,but I am sure you will be getting many,many responces to this thread,and I do hope someone offers constructive suggestions........:biggrin_25512:

5. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    It should be a law, if a company is going to put something on a driver's DAC/USIS report. The driver is to be notified immediately by mail and has 30-45 days to respond to the said charges.

jjranch and wwfd1220 Thank this.
  6. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    Thank you for your reply.

7. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I guess I am a simpleton but what exactly is your beef? I mean your husband did steal something which obviously lead to his having a record. How long ago is kinda irrelevant isn't it? He failed to disclose whether by accident or deliberately but still sign that line on the application that everything he wrote was complete and true. Is Celadon not within their rights to warn others that a former thief and possible liar is trying to gain employment? It sounds harsh but what about the old adage of "Once a thief always a thief" Nothing will scare a company more than a thief on the inside. How are they to know whether his not being upfront about it was an innocent omission or a deliberate act? Finally what is the difference between them warning other companies of their concerns about your husband (Whether grounded or not) verses what we are doing here warning others about our experiences with these carriers(Again whether grounded or not)?

8. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    You must be from Celadon, aren't you? You are defending them so you must have some connection with them. That is such a lie, once a thief always a thief. My husband would never steal anything from anyone. So, I guess you never made a mistake. Is that right? You are either from Celadon or from another company that thinks they are so self-righteous, they never do anything wrong. Grow up and realize you are not perfect by any means.

9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    not all of this flies with me MO....

Locdrjr and LostSoulCA Thank this.
  10. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    some people think one cannot change. BUT people DO \change, whether it be by growing up, life experience, or other factors. GRANTED there are SOME that will NEVER change, but for the most part.....AHH crap, had to re-type this post (dang ATT) lost my train of thought, but you get my drift? LOL

LostSoulCA Thanks this.
  11. JRC

JRC Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Dade City, Florida
    As far as I am concerned, whenever someone condones ruining a driver's career for any reason, he must work for a company that is as corrupt as the day is long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.