City With The Biggest Parking Shortage?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by potentiallydisasterous, Jun 8, 2019.

1. brs1593

brs1593 Bobtail Member

Loads of parking in NYC, just not Manhattan specifically. Just google NYC industial zones. Jersey is a sure shot though.

expedite_it Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brs1593

brs1593 Bobtail Member

It's got to be Seattle. I have a load to deliver for tomorrow morning (saturday) and I parked at the Days Inn in Tukwila (paid for the room for the night.) But I'm hoping to find a good spot within solid distance of the pier. Closest parking is the TA in North Bend about 45 mins east on 90, and when I got there it was full. Seattle hates truckers, I've seen that too many times throughout the forum.

D.Tibbitt and expedite_it Thank this.
  4. thefallguy06

thefallguy06 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Georgia
    Miami, ATL, Charlotte,

5. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Seattle is the worst city for truck parking.

86scotty, 88228822 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yep that ta in northbend is a ####hole . And geecess is 2 hours south. Along with a small loves, or rough it at a rest area . That loves in tacoma is a ####hole as well

expedite_it Thanks this.
  7. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    Well, the problem with the TA in North Bend is that the parking lot there is full 24/7. The Loves in Tacoma is also almost always full. And there is not enuff forward space for backing into parking spots there.

Ive read other truckers at this website say that they goto the Seattle airport and pretend like they are there waiting to pickup a load in order to take their ten hour break.

By the way, D. Tibbitt, it is kind of strange to see you write on the "Truck Stops" subforum. This ain't the owner-op forum. Quoting the movie Mean Girls, It's like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    If everything was abandoned, who did you pay?

ncmickey Thanks this.
  9. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    I have seen several people in this thread mention Atlanta. That does not parse with my experience in trucking.

Atlanta still has the giant Petro where a trucker can almost always find a parking spot.

Besides that, the suburbs of Atlanta have lots of big truckstops with lots of parking spots, especially Jackson, GA.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Ehhh...I don't know about that one. I run up to Seattle area pretty regularly these days, and though North Bend definitely AIN'T my first choice of stopping spots, sometimes I do just because the next one is 75 miles down the road. Anyway, a few times last week I was in there about midday and there were still (surprisingly) quite a few spaces open.

Of course, i wouldn't try that after about 5 pm, though...

expedite_it Thanks this.
  11. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    I exaggerated a little bit. But I have been at the North Bend TA several times between 06:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and was not able to find an empty parking spot there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.