Class B jobs. Mixer truck or trash truck

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Did he mention what base pay is? And do you know what the better mixer companies are? Any do by the load? Also trash wise, what do you recommend?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Sounds good, no experience with trash. My grandpa recommended it since he's worked with republic for a few years. Likelihood of getting hired?

4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Who is in your area? Normally trash is fairly easy to get into, stigma and all

5. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Well I'm in Houston, grandpa lives by willowbrook, so cypress area. I live by antoine and 249, closer to the acre home area. Not sure if it's WM, waste wise.

6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Trash wise there is republic, veolia, waste management (they have cameras in truck) those are off the top of my head.

Mixer wise I'm not sure. Cemex is a large company like lafarge. But I didn't ask wht the base pay was. I was just listening to wht he was saying.

But there are plenty of places looking for class b drivers right now

7. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    OK he just told me base pay is $20 p/hr at cemex. But don't limit your self to just mixers ad trash trucks. Or even dump trucks. There are a nuber of companies looking for class b local drivers just like class A drivers. Praxair is one of those companies. So do your research and find 10 companies that are hiring. Compare what they are offering and apply to the top 7.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  8. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Thanks I really appreciate the heads up, I'll get on that and study up some companies and let y'all know how the next few weeks go. Thanks for all the input everybody

9. Roadgeek395

Roadgeek395 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2017
    I've never worked Ready Mix but I have buddies that have. Hard work, inconsistent pay due to weather and other factors and lots of time washing the truck. But when times are good you can make a lot of money.

I do you have experience in the trash business. Currently I drive a vacuum truck to pump out septic tanks and grease traps. I also have some experience in front load garbage trucks and rear load garbage trucks. If you can handle the nasty sights and smells then there is good money to be made. It is a lot of hard work though and plenty of overtime. There's also a lot of room to grow because of all the different styles of trucks.

As others have stated don't limit yourself to just ready mix or trash. Explore all options. I used to work beverage distribution, not a bad gig, definitely keeps you in shape.

Hope this helps.

Mike2633 and Juanthehumanoid Thank this.
  10. raiseyourpay0000

raiseyourpay0000 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2018
    Trash would be the way to go, I did mixer work for 2 years 1 with Campbell Concrete another year with Cemex.

11. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Well after 3 months of otr tanker, I quit and ended up going mixer driver since then. I work for a FOB, we happen to load only at Campbell plants now a days. Crazy small world. Campbell seems to know what their doing. The hours are pretty crazy in mixer world.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.