Class B jobs. Mixer truck or trash truck

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Jun 23, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Run a mixer unless you enjoy flies and moving up goat paths vertically to the top of a landfill. Ive already taken a big tractor trailer up top twice in my life time and back down again. I would not want to run a trash truck on that. No way.

Mixers aint that bad, the hardest part is staying awake waiting for 2 yard call backs in the afternoon.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Yep, been mixer driver since I left Schneider. I work for a small company that loads at bigger plants, weekly pay fluctuates a lot due to Houston weather but I enjoy it much more. Wheel barrow unloads and forms suck but it is what is. Content driving a 9speed 01 paystar lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Okie dokey

Okie dokey Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2018
    I quit concrete after 10 years last week I'm gonna give OTR a shot. Ready mix sucks flat out. If you go ready mix here's a good bit of advice when making a right turn loaded come to a near stop before starting a turn. If you got tag axles and they catch the soft should just stop THEN raise the axles to get back on the road. I have lost a couple friends that got in a bad situation and rolled the trucks.

x1Heavy and Juanthehumanoid Thank this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Do some research on these companies.

Arkansas Best Freight
    Anadarko
    Angelica Linen
    Avis/Hertz
    Bimbo (Mrs Bairds)
    Clean Harbors
    Dairy Farmers of America
    Darling Industries
    Day & Zimmerman
    Earth Grains (Sara Lee)
    First Student
    First Transit
    Freeman
    GES
    Greif
    Kerrville Bus
    Kroger
    Lighthouse of the Blind
    Louis Dreyfus
    Mondelez
    PAE
    Quala Wash (Houston & Freeport)
    Quality Carriers
    Sam Houston Electric
    Sysco
    Univar
    UPS - CSI (upsers.com)
    UPS Freight
    Waste Corporation of America
    Wilson Warehouse
    Yellow Roadway Corp

I'm sure a few of them have some class B jobs and the benefits should be excellent.
    Teamsters Local 988

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  6. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I hear yah, tag axles blow, i usually only put them on after leaving plant if I know I’m gettin on the highway, anytime I come off highway or am not getting on high way, they ain’t coming down

Mike2633 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Oh! Not gonna lie though , it’s a love hate relationship, everyday i wake up like hell lol sigh that’s concrete in general I think though

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not to mention certain older trucks versus 12 yard mixing long ago here in Little Rock. We have the drop tags ahead of the tandem right behind the cab in those here. Used to be a ramp when pouring bedrock columns for the US Federal Courthouse etc downtown we had to crawl up that ramp onto the I-630 without splashing concrete. And if you remember anything about those old Autocars, you had to be smooth in the sweet spot RPMs otherwise they have a habit of shaking the nose making you drip concrete on that ramp. (Lugging)

9. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Oh yeah, and then there’s the whole learning slump, if you’re fully loaded in an older not freshly chipped truck, with a 6.5 or higher good luck with the dripping lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    And man, anytime I’m fully loaded and go up the beltway bridge here in Houston, expect that thing to be barely hitting 5th gear on perfect shifting coming with near max speed lol thing is a snail

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Also, you might appreciate my somewhat cleanliness on a mixer truck, hope these pictures upload lol

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.