Classic Carriers, Inc - Versailles, OH

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by trucker56, Sep 14, 2009.

1. trucker56

trucker56 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Received check from them 47 days after invoice. If you can afford to put out your cash to run their freight and wait that long for payment, this is the company you should load for.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmac01

jmac01 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2010
    Fayetteville, arkansas
    Classic Carriers DOES NOT PAY THERE BILLS . I have been on the phone with this company and there lawers to recieve money for work I did back in 02-05-2010 just to be told to take a leap really that they may they dont know yet as of this time but they may file bankrup anyhow I factor my money and now I've got to pay them back PLEASE beware if they owe you money or that you may be thinking about doing work for them . This company is out of Versailes ,OH

4. Pepsiman03222

Pepsiman03222 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2016
    They expect potential drivers to pay thrr own way there an want to put up in a flea bag motel..an if u dont have the money to go they say u cant apply there anymore...i hste to see whst its like if u do drive for them

5. Stormy 69

Stormy 69 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Confusion
    What???? I'm not hip to all the abbreviations

6. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    What? Nah wait a minute. They do want you to pay your own way there, that's true. But they go right into petty cash to reimburse you the moment you arrive. The motel is in downtown Versailles. It is a beautiful, quaint, motel with tasteful decor. And the restaurant food there is absolutely delicious, although pricey.

When I was there I stayed in that motel and used the meal voucher they gave me for dinner. I added my own money to it because I wanted the steak. Lunch is also on them. They take you to a restaurant in town there, and the food is ahhh so so. But it's free. If you're there and they have trucks available then you'll get one. Otherwise you'll get a rental.

That bothered me. I came there thinking I was going to ride in style, (important to me because I practically live in the truck) there were only 2 trucks out there and older Volvo and a freightliner evolution. Not really a bad company though. I've worked for worse.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  7. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Classic Carriers sure knows how to roll...Swift style ;)
    [​IMG]

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  8. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Any company will only be as good as their drivers. The driver represents the company. That's who everyone sees. But drivers are not infallible. Anyone can screw up. The question is how much?

So we saw the image of the Classic Carriers truck that slammed into someone's house. And suddenly they're the equivalent of Swift.

Really? Show me the same amount of Classic Carrier pictures of their trucks involved in accidents as Swift. There are way more pictures of Swift and youtube videos of Swift screwing up than Classic Carriers.

"B-b but Veteran Driver, just because we don't have images of Classic Carriers on the same scale as Swift, doesn't mean they don't have the same amount of accidents."

Really?

9. wstar2003

wstar2003 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2013
    He obviously has an issue with these Classic Carriers people for some reason. Don't know what it is but it's there.

10. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    I do as in just another cheap freight hauler that pays the driver Mc Donalds wages while the owner(s) rake in on the backs of the working man/woman. So with the crap wages they pay...they... more times than not get the bottom feeder drivers. Living in Darke Co I and too many folks see everyday what morons they are....both the company and the drivers.

11. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Guess you love being a good dog for Classic..hehehe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.