Co driver gets a false log book citation but my employer is saying the violation is on "ME"

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Nnww, Aug 4, 2019.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland

I did not know that seatbelt was such a big deal...I had 3 of those in the span of 2 - 3 years back in a day. I just paid them. They did not count as moving violations.

An issued ticket can be withdrawn by the cop who issued it. At least in New Mexico. I once, I think it was 2005 or 2006, received a 65 / 55 mph ticket close to Alamogordo and then I called a local lawyer, they convinced the cop to go to court and withdraw the speeding ticket. I did not have to pay a dime to a court.
    It was $500 for the lawyer. But why wasting money over a seat belt ticket?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

This letter.

*Slams fists on table....

Employment in America as non Union etc is "At-will" CRST has no right to forbid a fired or quit employee to work for any other trucking company he or she pleases.

Title 49 babbly means nothing. I swept the entire Title 49 at Cornell's site because it is fast and easy to search for me and written in very particular words.

YES CRST can go put that driver into collections to get their 7000 dollars back etc.

(This is why I tell you get your own #### CDL...ALL of you newbies...)

But prohibiting one from employ elsewhere in industry is form of kidnapping. Then you fire that driver and render him destitute and unable to meet the contract amount that has been brought forward as due and payable in full? With implied threats of judgement and garnishment?

G13Tomcat and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Where did the OP say who it is?
    Someone please point out the post to me.

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    No need. Only Swifts and Werners can have such policies.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    It is worth noting a judge can, and they often do over turn unfairly written contracts.
    Besides the company would have to sue in a court of law to get money, and i am 99.999999% sure they will lose. When some douche bag wants to try and sue me I tell them to please rush right down to court and file the paperwork. I love beating them in court, it feels great!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    In other words mega companies fighting for drivers as a form of ... assets like silver coins.

Wonder what will happen when say Swift has a hold of 10,000 ROBOT tractors and not a blessed driver in sight for long haul.

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Does the Crown Court provides such... safe haven for your Supplicants who show loss?

In America (With exception of myself because my income is protected specifically against seizure or garnishment as ordered by any court which itself would be a non legal or possible action in my case when the bank is presented with the papers demanding action.) That does not mean monies sourced from wages or other income is safe from such action. IF the plaintiff seeking relief detects the money flow in that manner. To use a coarse UK term I can tell those who take action in that manner to essentially "- off" which is very very very rarely used and with pleasure when it is correctly used.

9. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    Seatbelts arent a criminal offense.
    They carry a civil penalty.

Crst sued other companies for poaching drivers... basically recruiting them while they were employed.

They can send letters and scare a new employer... that is all. Not sue the new employer.

They cant keep you from getting job provided you didnt sign and arent in direct competition with them.

If you signed a non-compete and work for a company who is bidding against the previous employer, you may have issues.

So go do spot work or flat or tank. All good.

Why does this guy want to get back to this job? He owes them the money regardless... go work for whomever pays best.

And please people stop signing on for free training... dumb.

G13Tomcat, MartinFromBC and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013

11. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I would just bail on them and take that CDL to another spot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.