Code Enforcement In Florida Leaving Truck Driving Homeowners In A Bind

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Nov 30, 2023.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Yankees started moving into their neighborhood and didn't like hearing the loud, stinky trucks so they made zoning enforce the laws. Blaming zoning is misplaced. They would be better off making the new neighbors regret moving there until they go back to New England. I wonder how many of them are Snow Birds versus people that actually live there year round.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  4. Ban1

Ban1 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2023
    “Based on population changes” code for it doesn’t matter if you been here 20 years and have been a good member of the community. These old retired Yankee’s are bringing big money and big taxes. You have got to go. Shameful.

Gearjammin' Penguin and Iamoverit Thank this.
  5. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Ok that worx both ways….those that come south to relax enjoy and have a better lifestyle fit in just fine
    Those that have tried and some succeeded in creating a Southern Long Island…with the attitudes their BS me first get the #%#% outta my way nonsense are the reason for the expression “#### Yankee”

6. Ban1

Ban1 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2023
    Right. Just don’t move out of your ####hole to come down here and create another ####hole. If it’s so #### great up there then stay

7. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    The laws have been on the books for a while, so this is not necessarily a bunch of city folks moving in and complaining. Where I lived on Lake Okeechobee, most of the retirees seemed to be from the Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana area. They want their country lifestyle without the cold weather. It doesn't matter where they're from, it seems like people tend to complain as they get older. If it wasn't a truck, they'd be telling you to rake your leaves and keep the grass a certain height. In my case, it wasn't a loud, stinky truck, but the guy across the street believed that my truck parked on my property was an eyesore, causing people to not want to pay premium prices to rent a single wide old mobile home.

8. Ban1

Ban1 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2023
    Michigan, Indiana and Ohio are still a bunch of Yankees

Bud A. and Iamoverit Thank this.
  9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Is it the "changing population" or the changing tax revenue?

I don't want to wade through a couple years worth of tax and spending reports, but I know Florida has been cutting taxes almost every year, and I know inflation is up so I'm wondering if someone in the local government is looking to use code enforcement to plug budget shortfalls?

10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Wow wonder it they fine the neighbors as much for having a noisy dog? :cool:

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Gotta love carpetbagging Karens.

Bud A., haz-matguru, Sons Hero and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.