Colorado police officers Leave patrol car with suspect inside on train tracks in path of train

Discussion in 'Other News' started by drvrtech77, Sep 24, 2022.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Amazing that someone with that questionable of a background would be hired for police chief.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    10 to 1 odds are that there were some politics involved in that one!;)

4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I think they just needed their own dept because they were relying on ours. Just like with our VFD. They are a small incorporated community that really has no tax base and no money for good payroll so they shopped in the bluelight isle and got what they got in a contract without even googleing his name.

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Well, as the saying goes: “You get what you pay for!”

drvrtech77 and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I am a retired police officer and heard about this but this is the first time I have seen the video.. absolutely no excuse..Parking the patrol car on the tracks I'd bad enough during the stop..then putting her in the car afterwards? Just plain stupid!

drvrtech77 and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  7. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    Here's video of the entire stop with some legal analysis.

8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Prior to their shift they were told by the sarge that they would all need to go through "subject training"...their collective IQ's thought this is what he meant.

9. jaffles

jaffles Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Australia
    I'm sorry guys, but from an outsiders observation I can't believe how much is wrong with this. I am grateful I and my loved ones do not have to live like this.

The hate, the lack of respect, the abuse of power, the pettiness, the poitlessness, the pain, and the misery.

The way community treats itself simply because of guns is creating nothing but animosity as you slowly drown. I wish you guys could see that.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Guns aren’t problem..never have been..its morons who aren’t mentally capable of operating a gun much less owning one..responsible gun owners know what to do…

Coover and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  11. jaffles

jaffles Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Australia
    Respectfully,
    Can't help think these cops ( who are actually quite passive from others I've seen) are so highly strung out because at every encounter they don't know if they are going home to their familes after it. Because of guns. It doesn't matter who holing them, its the presence of the gun.

Then the way they treat a citizen, multiple yelling, multiple guns pointing, playing simon says, then won't answer a reasonable and respectful question. I mean how does anyone think that is acceptable. If that were me, my wife, my son, my father I'd be horrified. The situation is like being involved in a bank robbery on a lazy Tuesday afternoon. All this commotion but you have no power, control, voice, or respect; just there for the ride knowing something is going to happen, but what?. All made very life and death because the gun is present.

And because she took too long to pull over. How long is to long? Its clear the police have 0 patience, so perhaps the next safe place was too long? She did do better than the cop however choosing where to stop. And "may have" thrown something out the window? May have? Then a reason surfaces afterwards it was a road rage incident, but he cop who pulled her over could not put that together when colleagues were asking what's the offence. The gun gives one a sense of power, control, perhaps invincibility. These cops are a law unto themselves, all of them. But again the gun is present.

If that is the way an obliging and respectful American citizen gets treated, then I can't imagine how the police should be treated for their actions. And god help you if you actually did something bad.

From the outsider observation, America bullies and belittles its citizens. Victimising yourselves in the name of freedom, respect, and decency, all because guns turn you against each other challenging your trust of fellow countryman-woman. Just imagine the same scene however if the culture was not laced with guns. Everyone was not strung out on fear and distrust.

If guns aren't the problem then the greatest power on earth is drowning in morons. Imploding, as it were. If you put the guns aside, where they parked the car is perhaps exhibit B, then putting a citizen in that car exhibit C and on it goes....... not just one cop, but how many?

I imagine they where all not there because they were bored, rather they all showed up to support each other incase a gun fight went down.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.