Colorado Tornado (Discussion and video)

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by GuysLady, Jun 23, 2009.

1. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Colorado Tornados Again.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

My hubby was just caught in that tonight. He took refuge under an overpass (yes, I told him that you told him that was bad but he said everyone else was doing that), and then provided refuge to 4 college girls who were under the overpass too. They had gotten out of their car because they were afraid it was going to blow away. He watched another semi get blown over.

GuysLady Thanks this.
  4. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    They had Tornados AGAIN last night in far Nor'Eastern Colorado into the pan-handle of Nebraska near Big Springs.
    I had one cross I-80 right behind me yesterday. I got video of the sudden change of wind direction and then stopped on the eastern edge to see if I could video the tornado from an over-pass, but base-ball sized hailstones chased me back into my truck and down the highway as fast as I could get. It was headed straight for Big Springs at 3:25pm MST.
    I will post the YouTube video as soon as it is processed.

5. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I guess I have been lucky this year....missed them by a mile....or more.....

GuysLady Thanks this.
  6. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    GuysLady Thanks this.
  7. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    You can bet I will be watching it as soon as it is ready...

Pur48Ted Thanks this.
  8. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The video is much better at FULL SCREEN in High Def.
    Double click on the video above to go to video YouTube page, then click HD and FULL SCREEN to watch.

9. cpassey

cpassey Light Load Member

Hey...I was in a narly storm at a TA in Denver a few weeks ago...The trees were bent over from the wind...Hail the the size of marbles and one hell of a long lasting Thunderstorm...:biggrin_2554:
    And to top it off there were reports of Tornado activity in the area...:biggrin_2551:

10. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    That was cool Roadkill, but a little too close... I don't want you to really be ROADKILL...

11. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Used to travel 30 between Chappell and Ogallala daily for work. One night coming home, had three of them around me. Headed to Big Springs and sat at the TS. No safe route for me to go. That area is notorious for small F1-2 tornadoes just popping out of no where. I never messed around with getting too close to them, because out there, they jump, or seem to hop around the fields. Didn't have any desire to see if it would bounce over to me. LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.