Combo Driver or Regional OTR out of McCook/ Joliet

Discussion in 'Estes' started by mrandrelindsey, May 24, 2018.

1. mrandrelindsey

mrandrelindsey Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Chicago,IL
    Hey guys I had an interview with a TM at Estes today, I originally applied to be a Regional OTR Driver. The TM was set on me becoming a Combo Driver by saying it would be much better for me, I don't like the P&D or dock work that comes with the position. He said he would make sure that I would only do linehaul under his watch. Do you guys think he's trying to convince me to do something others don't like doing? I'm not new to the LTL world I worked at Fedex Freight 2 years, the last thing I want to do is more dock work as a driver. I like the OTR position because you wouldn't have to live out of the tractor. Thanks for reading guys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you.

4. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    He’s probably being upfront. St Louis used their combo guys to fill in for vacations for the guys that had scheduled runs. And with like 80 scheduled runs there was always some one off. Is that’s how McCook operates you’d probably be doing just that. Which I think would be nice because you could mix things up a bit and not see the same road every night.

5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I'd go for linehaul straight up. McCook terminal is built terribly tho.

6. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    They still gonna run that one once Joliet opens? They have about 100 trailers to many in that place

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.