Coming back to trucking in a new state.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SmallSon, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Scott Fulcher Trucking | Now Hiring Drivers
    We are based out of Caldwell, ID and haul to most of the lower 48. We do not regularly do the NE states or NY. If you live in another state other than Idaho we encourage you to apply,
    [​IMG]

SmallSon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallSon

SmallSon Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2018
    I've never thought about using craigslist for job listings. I'll check it out but sounds a bit sketchy tbh.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Sand and water don't require HazMat. Make sure to ALWAYS get and keep a tanker endorsement. Tanker never expires.It's just a simple 30 questions on the computer and you need tanker endorsement, for certain freight, even if you never ever pull a liquid tanker.

Dennixx and SmallSon Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    SmallSon Thanks this.
  6. tscottme

Craigslist isn't the best jobs, lots of 1099 and Lease-Purchase. It's just a matter of you doing your research like the results are important to you. Also look on Indeed.com.

Vampire and SmallSon Thank this.
  7. tscottme

Trimac is a reputable tanker company, but they don't buy new trucks. They fix their current trucks. I worked for a company that shared a yard with them. I can't remember if they have APUs and inverters. Make sure you talk to current drivers working out of you area about APUs and idling. I worked in the region for the last year and it gets cold and more windy than you can imagine.

SmallSon Thanks this.
  8. SmallSon

SmallSon Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Ye I made sure to get all the endorsements when I got my class A. There are just so many options i'm worrying myself about making the right decision. ill just have to keep looking and figure it out. With all the oil gigs here in Wyoming working on a water truck would be a sweet job.

Vampire Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    JBS Carriers | Home
    Recruiting areas: Salt Lake City to Hyrum, UT and Denver, CO to Cheyenne, WY area
      • [​IMG]

Vampire and SmallSon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.