Coming to orientation Aug 13th...

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by SpiritWolf, Jul 23, 2012.

1. SpiritWolf

SpiritWolf Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    North Highlands CA
    ::sigh:: So Blue ridge got my batteries replaced, all 4 were bad. I expected that... they also found my rear shocks were toast... didnt expect that, but yeah, i can see how that could be an issue, so those are now fixed too..... However, Im not sure I agree with their reasoning behind why she is vibrating so bad, and was in fact doing it WORSE after they replaced the socks....
    So, I went to the local Volvo dealer to double check.... The dealer thinks the super singles may be out of balance, BUT they say the ride adjustment was so far out of whack it was amplifying the situation.....Sure enough, they adjusted the truck correctly, and now she rides a lot better. Still has some vibration though, so the suggestion was that I get the rear tires balanced as soon as I financially can.
    So far today, have spent $1050 today on batteries, shocks, and chasing this issue.
    :biggrin_25511:
    can I PLEASE have a few trouble free weeks to just run and make money before something else goes wrong?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shiftin

Shiftin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Central-New Jersey
    If you want to save some money they have special bags made to throw into your tires for balance. They come in differnt weights. I would still go for the centrmatics. Good luck.

4. SpiritWolf

Jul 10, 2012
    North Highlands CA
    Yeah, the centramatics are #1 on my list, but I need some inflow of money, before i can do that... Im burning through my reserve to fast for my comfort... Meanwhile, just got a load alert, need to go to the terminal to pick it up, heading cross country again.

5. Aussie Tom

Aussie Tom Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Could it be the fuel pressure regulator or a cracked injector? I have had both of these problems cause these symptoms on a truck with aD12. Edit: I see you got it fixed. Good work. I hadn't thought of that.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  6. SpiritWolf

Jul 10, 2012
    North Highlands CA
    I have a D13, though, not a D12. I will keep that in mind for the future, and HOPEFULLY not need the info. lol.

Ok.. FINALLY nailed down the vibration.... 2 of the 4 super singles I got from W/S in Missoula are OVER 3/16ths out of round.... ::sigh::
    Called our tire shop, and he will replace them, I just need to get there... I left there with a trailer, and that dampened the vibrations... it wasnt till I was bobtail that they become VERY obvious....
    Meanwhile....Running back west now...

7. SpiritWolf

Jul 10, 2012
    North Highlands CA
    Not really much to say tonight.
    Just a heads up if your going either east or west bound 40 in AR. Mile marker 137/138 is where the tornado hit, and people just cant seam to avoid slowing down to stare.... got caught in a traffic jam again there today. this time 30 minutes to crawl 2 miles.

Oh, and if your fuel route has you hitting the Loves at exit 7 (?), in OK, on 40.....plan to fuel elsewhere. They are remodeling, and Diesel is not consistently available. caught me out tonight with them being down. Going to have to wait till Amarillo for fuel. Reason #3,502,201 not to run yourself to low on fuel... lol

hmm...1st paycheck....not much there, but then again I didnt expect much since I owe W/S more than a bit for lic, insurance, fuel, ect...
    wow.....I can't figure the O/O paychecks out...the numbers Don't even come close to adding up.... the totals are about what I had mentally figured, but I have no clue what type of math they are using to figure the real numbers out... lol. I will call and ask Monday.

8. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Are you finding your runs to be longer than when you were a company driver?

9. SpiritWolf

Jul 10, 2012
    North Highlands CA
    Too soon to say. I ran from Missoula to Tracy ca, then to LA, then across country and back. Now I gotta get back to missoula to deal with the tires. Ask me again next month when things have settled down to "normal" running.

Side note..... missed making it to Modesto by 20 miles.... ::sigh:: Literally had the elog ding that I was out of time AS I parked in winton ca..... Going to finish the last 20 miles this morning, and hope to get something to sfs quick.

10. Shiftin

Shiftin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Central-New Jersey
    Gotta love those elogs.

11. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    I would've been screaming at the thing! Love em' most days, but every once in a while it's your worst enemy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.