Companies that have APUs, Inverters, and are pet friendly

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bigdipper, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    I don't think this guy is a know-it-all, I just think he is extremely ####Y. Which sometimes gets people sent home on their first week of orientation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    I agree with you 100%!

4. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    APUs running right now... Which is good cause Im watching a DVD on tv, and playing on my comp. Both of which are plugged into the inverter. I think its a 1500/1800 watt inverter. Not sure as it was in the truck before I got it. I got pics on here somewhere.

Newtrucker83 Thanks this.
  5. Newtrucker83

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    ORD what year is your truck?

6. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    Now that's what I'd like! being in Florida it would be nice to have an APU! And PRIME is "pet" friendly, right?
    If I get hired with a CDL I'd go thru orientation and do the "team" thingy for a while?
    As far as your TV, is it hooked up to an antenna or do you just do DVD's?

7. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I think there are relatively few companies that have trucks already equipped with inverters. Most have no problem with you having your own installed. At my company for instance, we can have inverters in the truck, but you must have a company mechanic install it. Inverters are fairly inexpensive, so its not that big of a deal really.

I think that the apu is also an ac generator, so you might not even need an inverter in that case.

I can't really help you much help as far as specific companies, because I only have experience with mine, and they definitely do not fit your requirements.

8. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Dunno about ORDs, but JCW just turned in his 2012 Cascadia that has a company provided APU and 1500W Inverter. (We left Prime, not because of Prime, but due to some family medical issues that require him to run closer to home.)

Newtrucker83 Thanks this.
  9. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Its a 2010 Cascadia. The one in my avatar. I got more pics in my album....

I have my cat on the truck as we speak. Hes currently guarding my drivers seat...lol If you already have a CDL but no experience, youre a "C seat". Youll have to team with a trainer for a MINIMUM of 40,000 miles. Thats all the miles the truck runs. Not just what you drive. The truck does have an antenna on it, but Im using it for DVDs since it has a built in player, and I have over 100 DVDs...

Newtrucker83 and bigdipper Thank this.
  10. Newtrucker83

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    Was this information not good enough when I told you on the first page. I'm have a conditional hire with them. Now I'm just waiting for an open trainer so I can complete my hours. I have more than 15 pre-hires, however prime is my first and top pick!

11. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Good luck on all these GREAT companies that are so desperate. My company, 5 years experience, NO pets, only half of the trucks have APUs and they are NOT looking for another driver. Good luck finding all these companies that offer so much. There was a time when just about all of us when we were new swallowed the BS that was out there. Then those of us that stuck it out, realized that it is not what they make it out to be.

Wolfshayde and Gizmo_Man Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.