Companies that hire with No Experience

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JRex, Aug 21, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Here are some companies that do dock to driver in Tampa if you wanna look them up and make some calls
    J J Taylor (Coors beer)
    Breakthru beverage (from what I've been told)
    My job (Coke) will hire with no experience but I wouldn't recommend it because they beat on new guys and don't pay them that well at first.
    XPO
    Saia
    Old Dominion (good luck lol, it is hard to get in but worth putting your name in)
    Southeastern freight
    Bernie Little Budweiser
    Pepsi
    I've also been told that assorted end dump companies will train you but I don't know any of them, that sounds like more of a Craigslist thing.
    With all that being said it really does matter where you live because let's use Bernie Little as an example. If you live in Temple Terrace you would have. 30min +/- drive to work everyday but if you live in Town N Country or Citrus Park you will have a good hour and fifteen to hour and a half ride every day and they are both Tampa and only about 10 miles apart.

Texas_hwy_287 and JRex Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JRex

JRex Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2019
    No exact address but will be living in Pinellas Co. for sure. Most likely North St. Pete, Pinellas Park or Seminole.

Texas_hwy_287 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Yea but you get paid a real wage from day one, paid a real wage while you are training, get actual real on the job training instead of a CDL mill just passed the test and you don't owe anyone$1,000's of dollars to try to get reimbursed. When I trained for my CDL at work I was getting paid $26.50/hr to learn how to drive a tractor trailer and I got to use the actual trucks I would be driving got on the road experience doing p&d like I would be once I was on my own. Beats the hell out of going to a CDL mill and then posting on here that you are afraid to do this or that because they didn't teach it to you in "school" lol. There is a dude right now that has a post going about what gear should he be in for hills.... really? If he had on the job training that would have been covered.

5. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Call ABF. All the Tampa stuff I said won't work. It takes like and hour just to get across the Gandy bridge into Tampa. You are gonna wanna look more twords Pinellas Park and south for the most part. I'll ask around for some more over there because the only one off the top of my head is abf (good place to work)

6. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Also be careful with N St Pete. It gets super hood super quick.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Texas_hwy_287 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Land o lakes is nice. It close enough to Tampa if you want city stuff, it's swamp to the north all the way to Ocala if you want that, it's an hour from Clearwater Beach, hour and forty five from Daytona so beaches on both sides are close. I was looking there before I found my house in Valrico. It hasn't been sucked up by the urban sprawl of Tampa yet but probably will be within ten years and then your property value will triple.

Texas_hwy_287, Chinatown and dwells40 Thank this.
  9. JRex

JRex Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2019
    Been gone from there just over 6 yrs. Last home was in Pinellas Park. I like Seminole also. Gonna have to drive around a bit to get my bearings back ....

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    It's changed a lot in the past six years. The area is blowing up like crazy.

JRex and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  11. JRex

JRex Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2019
    I've been hearing that from friends still there. Hopefully can get back and find a house before things get too crazy!

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.