Companies that respect a Sabbath Trucker

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by twinkyahu, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Mzwlms3

Mzwlms3 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2017
    @Twinkayahu I hope that you found a place to work where they will honor the Sabbath day. As I am teaching on that this morning and a woman of Christian faith, I too, understand the importance of maintaining the Sabbath. I hope everything works out for you

2. bulldawg trucker

bulldawg trucker Medium Load Member

Mar 14, 2017
    I would suggest looking into flatbed companies. Quite a few companies out there that get you home for the weekend, therefore meeting your requirement of not working on your Sabbath. I don't think they would promise you that you might not get caught out on the way back home once in a while.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Try looking into any LTL P&D. It's daytime work with weekends off.

UPS don't discriminate against religious beliefs either. It's actually their policy. They have a no beard and strict dress code policy, but you can still be hired if it's within your religious beliefs. And they MAY work with you about the Sabbath too. Same with USPS.

JReding Thanks this.
  4. midwestX

midwestX Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Have a friend who is Seven Day Adventist. He drove team with McKee Foods hauling little Debbie products. Left out on Sundays, Got home Thursdays.
    He retired a couple years ago, man I miss those snacks..........

Trucker61016 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  5. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    It's sacred to haul those little debbies 6-days a week.

6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    You can also try looking into the bakery industry too, such as Bimbo Bakeries or Franz. Usually in the bakery industry you have Saturday and Tuesday off.

On a side note, I use to deliver Drake's Cakes, which is owned by Little Debbie's now.

7. IDeleva

IDeleva Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2017

8. IDeleva

IDeleva Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2017
    So just to give an update and to continue to encourage those Sabbath keepers (people who don't work Friday sundown to Saturday sunset) who want to become a trucker but find it hard to gain entry into the industry. YES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE A TRUCKER AND KEEP SABBATH... at SCHNEIDER) and perhaps others.

So I went for training in May/2017 and have been a NE Regional Driver since and haven't had to violate my conscience....

As someone had stated, from the getgo, as you talk to a recruiter, make your beliefs and preferences known - you want to work for them, but you cannot work on the Sabbath. And stick to it. You will be tested. But stick to what you originally stated and you'll be amazed as to how God works it out!

Your general work ethic will go a long way with establishing a good relationship with your DBL. Don't be double-minded, unstable or unreliable. I go out on Sunday's to get an extra shift in and still able to do short hauls Friday mornings/afternoon thus surpassing the required amt of time needed to work per week. I run an average of 2700 miles/week (that's more like OTR but I'm NE Regional. I rarey have more than 1hr left on my 11-hr clock when the day is done... They know I don't horse around so they work with me to get Sabbath off to honor my God.

Jesus said "If you love me, keep my commandments" -John 14:15.

And Paul said,

All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me! -Philippians 4:13

Blessings to the managers of this forum and to my company Schneider who is willing to work with me - and ultimately, PRAISE GOD from whom all blessings flow!

9. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I have a friend that works at FedEx Freight (daytime route driver) who is SDA. They have always accommodated his Sabbath restriction.

Dan.S and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  10. IDeleva

IDeleva Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2017
    SCHNEIDER. Just make your preference known up front.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.