Companies With all Peterbilt Fleets

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mooch, Aug 31, 2009.

1. redhog1959

redhog1959 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2010
    OLD TRUCKERS NEVER DIE, THEY JUST GET A NEW PETERBUILT.............:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Capt._Chaos

Capt._Chaos Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    Outfits with all Large Car (Pete 379 or KW W-900) fleets tend to pay crap wages and benefits.

4. Iceman82

Iceman82 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Land O Lakes FL
    Peterbuilt 387 < total sex on wheels!

5. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl

:bootyshake::bootyshake: Yeah, that means somebody is getting screwed.:sex:

6. Iceman82

Iceman82 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Land O Lakes FL
  7. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    IIRC, the Western Dist. trucks run 3.25 rears... might put some off here. Anyhow, this whole thing is getting redundant. If he wants to buy a Pete, let him buy a Pete. Is it really that big a deal? Fine, the original question didn't tell all, but it's clarified by now. People like what they like. To me, it makes no difference, so long as the truck gets the job done and doesn't fall apart. Maybe it's easier for someone used to being a road driver to be judgmental about the ride - when you're used to a Chalmers, Camelback, or Hendrickson Walking Beam, and doing most of your driving off of a paved road, the worst riding Freightliner or what have you is like riding a cloud in comparison.

8. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Trappers transport in winnipeg , canada, are mostly pete's.

9. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    It's not so much i don't like pete; i actually think they are a high quality product. The real issue for me is i don't like this 240-250" or more wheelbases. It's getting ridiculous. To me this isn't trucking----to job is to tow an already long 53' trailer. Why then are the tractors also getting longer when getting longer provides no appreciable benefit? And really adds weight.

i'd like, if available, 378 short hood, not the extended stupid macho extended hood bs, smallest sleeper available (38"?) wheelbase 200" or less---and yes i believe it is possible to have that AND adequate trailer swing clearance.
    Detroit or cummins i don't care.
    Allison 6 speed trans.
    rear gear depending on application and running areas.
    if i could get all that i'm a happycamper.

My opinions aside, i've found these:

southern refridgerated trans
    i think abeline has some
    skyview (refers) 800-242-4986
    i think dirksen is 100% pete fleet but you would have to move to nor cal, not that moving to norcal is a bad thing.
    Halvor has probably been mentioned
    Along with marten.

Most of the fleets are not 100% peterbilt, but if you want to drive a pete then you have to take what you can get.

For example, i still want to sleep with a lesbian (and I WILL), but i can't nessesarily go directly to lesbians; i have to hang around with bisexual women and then maybe one of them can introduce me to one of her "special" friends (if you know what i mean). In fact i think this is what happened the last time. My point is that you can't nessesarily go directly to the gold---you have to go where the gold is and then maybe get lucky/or sneak up on it.

So, i'm thinking if you are working for a company that has some petes, then eventually you'll get one or if you're lucky you'll get one immediately.

10. Trucker jay

Trucker jay Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Swan river Manitoba
    Jade transport Winnipeg manitoba, EBD transport winnipeg mb

11. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    My only problem with Peterbilts is when you get these companies like Werner, JBS, etc., who'll put a greenhorn in one. As soon as they're assigned that truck, said greenhorn has a tendency to insert their head far up their rectum. Remember those Dos Equis beer commercials, with "the most interesting man in the world"? Seriously, a greenhorn in a Peterbilt has a bad tendency of seeing themselves that way. They're the sort of dolts who come on this forum, and give such advice to other new drivers and students like, "Demand a brand new Peterbilt or Kenworth. Tell them you'll quit if you don't get one".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.