companies with fast trucks

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mike91118, Jun 13, 2010.

1. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    If you're running those new 5700xe's and have a truck open, let me know lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Sorry new 5700's are locked down to 65 MPH / 105 KPH ( Cruise and PEDAL ) for running into Ontario and Quebec Canada.

4. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Unplug the sensor thats looking at the driveshaft out the back of your tranny...
    use a paperclip and create a loop/bypass and shove it in the sensor chord...your truck will pass all trucks, the speed, and rpm restrictors will be cut off..
    Ive done it in Cascadias, and Prostars

The dash, and computer will flip out a little, I used a 'app' called 'digi-hud' for a speedo...

funfunfun, however, im sure your smart enough to know the 45 ways you can get in trouble doing this, but still, it worked..lol

I was at Central, with trucks set at 64, except for mine, mine was at 62 and a half...I passed my co workers at 92 one night...I started the horns early, def blew all thier hats off passin them...They never figured out how i did it untill one day, my friday, i came in after a 14, forgot to pull out the bypass wire..the boss used the truck to run a city route in the morning to cover for a no show driver..Took truck to International to find out why the dash wasnt working right, they found out...lol
    I didnt get in trouble...denied it
    Got in trouble for not writing up the bad dash...

Theres also some little black boxes for sale (300 bucks) that plug into the same place, and keep the dash and elogger proper...the guy that taught me these bad tricks had one

He never had a trick for defeating the auto shut off tho!! Thats what i really wanted...lol

5. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Still beautiful trucks...how do your drivers like them?

6. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    I am fairly new to the industry, and I agree with some comments on here about trucks being limited...my current company has 65 on cruis and 68 on the pedal, which I honestly enjoy. Nice being able to get around CRE drivers obstructing traffic at 60-62

7. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    Zenith, has trucks at 68, 70ish, 75 and 78 depending on the truck. Though the days are allegedly limited for the older trucks running that fast.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Uh-huh, how about an app to defeat speed cops...:confused:

9. HwyDrifter61

HwyDrifter61 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Lehigh Valley Pa.
    From what I know of LLP out of Jefferson, ME. has O/O spec'd trucks.

And I think McVankampen in Michigan has 75 mph trucks.

Other than that, I don't know. In my experience, if you work for a company with fast trucks they don't want to hear excuses about why you were late.... for anything.
    The other thing is if you have a truck that'll run 90 for instance, it's not doing you any good if traffic is only going 65-70

10. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    I'm good running 65-70, but it's nice having some pedal when it's needed

Big Don Thanks this.
  11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Triple Digit Trucking L L C
    2495 Jd Turner Drive
    Jacksonville, IL 62650

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.