companies with fast trucks

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mike91118, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Nope,just the ones who can't handle it....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kevin33go20

Kevin33go20 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Dam is anybody going answer the question instead of talking about your and what do and how far and mileage. Which company has fast truck simple question.

4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Abilene Motor Express governs their trucks at 68. I don't work there...yet but hear that's pretty good.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You should be pleased that swift passes you. That means nothing will happen to you. Except boredom.

In years past before there was micromanagement, speed governors etc Monfort was the one to go to. That is why we called the hammer lane the monfort lane. I signed on to certain companies who are now out of business for reason or another. Some of which might relate to speed.

It is not difficult to take that 500 Detroit with the rockwell 9 up to 115 before your fuel pump quit at the red line. If you timed the fuel cut off to where you are going down hill you can kick it to 125+ and then keep it somewhere between 110 and 120 most of the time as the fuel pump cycles back on to give you power at the red line. Cross PA on I80 in about three hours or so. Rather than 8 it took at the speed limit. using downgrades to gather momentum. In practical terms westbound before milesburg hill, you had a ridge where you could gather momentum but made sure to keep it below 125 at the bottom where the truckstop is. Buckhorn I think it is. Anything faster would roll you. Hitting the 10 mile grade uphill westbound at 125 makes for about 80 halfway up and 55 over the top at snowshoe pulling for all you are worth in 8th. Loaded. A 10 mile pull with two more ridges towards State College.

Im the last of my kind when it came to high speed rigs because after around 1997 everyone started governing the trucks and sometimes in at least one case I know of, reduced the speed to less than what they let the recruiters advertise to save ever more money against insurance premium per truck. It was enough to cause a problem in average speed when you could only do 63 rather than 67. If the computer programmed by the company to make a speedo lie to you and report 67 and your GPS laptop says 63 backed by mileposts you wonder if it will be just as accurate at 30 mph in a ohio town with a bear pointing a radar gun at you.

That was then. Ive gotten very... hard and professional since those heady days of dollar trucks and making time. Writing a 10 hour log and showing 760 miles is rather difficult to pass off as lawful. So you learned to sit somewhere 12 hours instead of 8 for sleeper purposes to get your numbers back down to 550 or so for the previous day and work back even more as your driving hours rapidly drained away with all that speeding you got going on. You could literally speed yourself out of 70 hours halfway in the week. Then what?

I thought I was fast. When I got into Texas and Montana I was introduced to trucks that sprouted flame from both stacks and roared by at what I would conservatively estimate at 140 plus. I have gone that fast in cars in the past and know what it takes to cover 150 in space and time, but being passed by a 145 plus rig at 100 myself is quite the experience. Whoo hoo aint america great.

There is a song that comes to mind from Archie. Says Those were the days.

Im stone cold legal now. My fast days are put away, I don't need that anymore. 70 is good enough. The problem becomes when I come up on a truck governed at 62 or slower in my state. Traffic stacks up on our two lane. I understand Texas has 85 on some roads which is reasonable considering the lack of civilization in those lands.

Companies should loosen up and let the rigs go. 70 in my state (No more split limits thank god... those are the worst) or 85 in Texas. Stop being such a jew with saving a coin against the stupid insurance company.

RubyEagle, 7-UP and mxpx148 Thank this.
  6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I hear ADM is thinking of bumping up to 65 how fast you need to go driver

7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Hardy Brothers?

8. IronWeasel80

IronWeasel80 Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Belen, NM
    I used to work for a regional equipment rental chain that left their trucks wide open. KW T600's would run 90MPH; was always fun to be rolling along at 75MPH (speed limit in NM) and come across a driver who wanted to play the "match my speed" game when I was passing.

9. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Our company runs trucks 700 mph...yeeeehawwww....and I'm back quiet :)

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    More like 700 trucks running at one MPH!:p:D

Tenn I See Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.