Companies with Legitimate Weekly Guarantees?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by insipidtoast, Jan 25, 2023.

1. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    Here's how that guarantee works out...
    You run 4 weeks...
    First week, you miss guarantee by 200 bucks, so the company makes it up...
    Second week you beat it by 200...company takes it back to compensate for the week you missed it...
    Third week, you miss by 100,so company makes it up... 4th week, you beat it by 200, but company takes back 100 that you missed it by, and you only see 100.
    Guarantee pay is a good thing, especially in modes that are seasonally affected.
    Between January and March, there's no way I'll beat guarantee. The work just isn't there.
    The rest of the year, it's easy to smoke the guarantee just running my shifts,without having to pull the 6th day.
    The core benefit of the guarantee is to level out your checks, so you don't have a surprise short check that screws you in your personal budget.
    It also helps keep you in their seat when they can't keep you running full bore due to breakdown, delays, weather, etc.
    Is expensive training a new driver.
    Much cheaper to do it this way, and they always get their money back on their investment.

lual and UturnGirl Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    :rolleyes:
    Some companies deserve a kick in the groin

Any honest companies out there that aren't full of BS?

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  4. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    That is how it should be done. Plus whatever the agreed amount of hours per week, anytime over that is paid $50 per hour. If you think I'm abusing the on duty (not driving) time then you can fire me. I dare you

5. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    They take money out of your other checks to make up for the difference that you fell short on during the previous weeks due to external circumstances like "freight being slow." or dispatch doing a lousy job or their equipment glitching!?

Likewise do they take money away from every check between April - June to make up for the "gifts" you were given between January-March?

Oh and I'm sure their website and recruiting material discloses this caveat front and center. Please do tell me which company you're talking about. Please Please please!

TNSquire Thanks this.
  6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Redtwin --

Above....you said...."it's not hard to hit $100k here"

How many weeks do you have to stay out to do that? Then....how much home time do/would you get?

--Lual

7. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    I’m curious too; my company has minimum guarantees and they’ve certainly never taken anything out of my check on the good weeks.

I recently switched dedicated accounts and they had me at the wrong pay rate; they said they are fixing it, but adding a payment could prevent me from getting the minimum guarantee if this week is slow… so definitely gonna be watching to see how they go about it.

8. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Weekly guarantees like everything else in life have requirements.. a lot of people that complain that they got screwed on the weekly pay guarantees usually didn't meet the minimums. We have a weekly guarantee for 6 months.. after that, and with the potential pay level for the average driver.. they don't need to min pay if they even put out minimum effort

9. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I usually stay out 5 weeks, which equals 5 days off...officially. I've been known to take longer than that, but no guarantees. If I get to Winter Haven a couple days before schedule I throw my stuff in my car and haul b out of there before anyone notices. :D

lual Thanks this.
  10. insipidtoast

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    @Redtwin

And also quite contrary to an old post I read when you first started working there, which sounded like you were getting ready to jump ship.
    What happened next? A huge increase in the referral bonus??... Just kidding.

11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    As mentioned many times in the IRT thread, I figured out I could make considerably more money doing Canada loads.

I've never received nor solicited referrals from anyone. Even drivers I speak to in person. I speak openly about how it is here, but never tried talking them into coming over. I would dread doing that, them not liking it and somehow thinking I misled them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.