Company drivers and 34 H reset?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by KandyKane, Oct 13, 2019.

1. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Now you are thinking logically and regulators hate that. Yes, having the weekly cap on hours available sucks but the 34 is an improvement over always having to work off recap hours and being stuck sitting waiting for midnight just so you can run a few more hours.

Bean Jr. and catdog45 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You can sit 34 and start a new week. Ive had recap situations where it took 48, 72 hours based on a midnight to midnight waiting to get enough hours to start a new 70. It's hard on dispatch too.

Our very first week with FFE with spouse free from Orientation, we were down in the downtown Lubbock Truckstop which itself was not a BAD place but not first class either. Because we were out of hours.

Another FFE came to our table due to our FFE Hats and we made him welcome with a meal. And it turned out we were sitting due to being out of hours each that week. And it would be 30 hours before we can roll. He shook his head and told us we aint doing it right. And then adviased us on the National FFE dispatch system and as long we stayed with say Highland in Denver or Phoenix etc for the entire USA we tended to be reloaded going back that far west, at least. The money took care of itself.

Avenel introduced us to McKesson Medical loads high dollar with a interchange off a late solo in Jessup Md of all places. And then we were introduced to one Plasma load or blood based product going from LA to Avenel and for a period of time all of us were in heaven. Everything we knew about teaming went directly into that kind of running and the only liability was a 63 mph truck. It's unfortunate those Centuries were run into the ground and wore out doing that. It would have been better to have a strong Pete or even a studio KW for that kind of work, we could get 5 or 10 years or more out of that tractor. However FFE paid fleet leasing and did not want to spend actual money buying actual trucks that they did not have to. So everything to them was throwaway.

catdog45 Thanks this.
  4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    And where would that downtown Lubbock truckstop be?

catdog45 Thanks this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not so much the 34, but the 70 really blows. I mean what I did 7 days ago is going to be a factor of how fatigued I am today..... Just stupid in my mind.

Sisbro, JC1971, Bean Jr. and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Penumbra

Penumbra Medium Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    I spent this weekend on my first 34 stuck at a crappy truck stop in NJ. It was a terrible experience. My mentor slept through it, but there was nothing to do, best food option was. A country pride, no stores or anything around...just...waiting.

try explaining that one to your wife!

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    it wasn't necessary to say crappy. That is self evident by saying truck stop in NJ.

JC1971, brian991219 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Probably talking about Rips first, and last truckstop, not really down town though.

9. Incendax

Incendax Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2019
    I'll take a Country Pride over Subway any day. So much Subway. Subway fills my dreams.

starmac Thanks this.
  10. Penumbra

Penumbra Medium Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    I’m a trainee I can’t afford either option lol so essentially it was a 34 hr fast!

11. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Well you're in your own truck now. But Im sure PAM doesnt allow any personal conveyance, so if you have to reset on the road again, choose somewhere that has places around you can walk to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.