Company drivers might get $25,000 each!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rachi, Apr 7, 2020.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Gee, no surprise there. :rolleyes:

x1Heavy and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supertrucker79

supertrucker79 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Again, this is an example of something that needs to be done, but many don’t want to. I personally have no problem with the US military apparatus as it is and wouldn’t want to change it either. Let’s take the navy. We have more ships than the combined forces of all the remaining world combined. I would like to keep it that way. But it was an interesting point. If we had to cut military spending to become debt free, the question becomes apparent. How much military superiority do we need then?

Calvary? This is where the Poles were at the start of the Second World War.

x1Heavy and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes we were using Horse calvary and trying to raise 4 million via draft using WW1 template and spending at the start of WW2. That had to and did change fast. I think there is a unit in today's US Military still using calvary under McClellan saddles.

Its not the world that is the problem per se. But American combat power as per our Carriers has been used up too much, like trucks with a million miles on them in incessant combat since Desert Storm. I think we had that Iraq No fly zone for 10 years after and right into Iraq again. And so on.

We had 15 carriers on hand 30 years ago. 4 has been scrapped. That leaves 11. 4 of those are in deep overhaul or maintaince. One needs refueling or actually two Im not certain. 25 year refueling. The Congress is being told the cut these two from our rolls that leaves 9.

I think 5 of those are out now. 4 of which are sick with Covid. One is held at sea ready for battle so far without covid.

A side note, The Big Stick's Captain Crozier who they fired, IS going TO BE reinstated back to his carrier command, His immediate boss of the group a rear admiral JG will probably be removed and another admiral assigned to the group.

The other 4 or 5 are in port and they will stay there until planned break ins, quals, training and new construction of the 4 Fords progressing. These fords will be the last carriers of their kind.

The 4 Iowas they are pernamently struck from the rolls. At any rate today you will not be able to fight them effectively today because many weapons will make a mockery of that old style steel plate armor. Hot knife through butter. They also take too many men to fight well. We love em but they are history now.

The DDG and CG Programs are progressing well. I kind of like the new DDG's coming out. The Burkes. They retained the atlantic bow and seakeeping pretty well. But kind of lightweights against the CG Ticonderogas which some of which are in deep storage having rusted out after 30+ years of sea service. If we needed them, their old style dual rail missile system and related electronics and radars will ALL have to be replaced. So forget them.

The submarine program however is proving to be particularly dangerous. One USS Carter engaged in classified combat operation to make a enemy kill last year, came to base flying the classic Jolly Roger for it. We don't know anything about it. Likely as not we wont for a long time. Someone in a country tried to pick a fight, they are on the bottom of the sea now in Davy Jones Locker.

Russia is the biggest threat as they seek to rebuild their fleets with the new Zircon and Kalibers one Kirov is being fitted with updated eveything, essentially S550 from hell and 84 launch cells big enough to hold hundreds of carrier killing Missiles. But the other Kirovs will be scrapped or rebuilt into something else. One of their Slavas has had her missile tubes removed and fitted with 6 special nuclear torpedo systems capable of say firing from GIUK Gap and destroying Norfolk with a 100 megaton warhead across a whole ocean too deep and too fast right now to be intercepted. So if the Russians decide that Norfolk must be a hole in the water, then they will fire a torpedo and it will happen a few hours later. The blast will likely as not lay waste to DC and Raliegh. At that point all best are off.

Instead of the old style 40 Blackjack or Backfire mach 2 missile carriers, they are rebuilding those planes for hypersonics missiles so fast that the plasma created around them in flight to a US Carrier group by the hundreds would allow the missile to get through our SM6 defenses.

We in DARPA are working on Railgun, Hypersonic defenses and Laser type defenses among other magicial warfare things deeply secret. Im glad we have them.

And the biggest problem? The US Navy needs to stop with the large carrier groups and only a couple hundred air defense missiles. That system is outdated. They need to think in terms of thousands that will be coming at them. For a nation state to decide to sink a US Carrier with 6000 Americans and all of our blood and treasure will create two situations. First, we will not be able to fight a war with that country due to tears and grief. The other possibility is we will want to nuke that nation into a parking lot and rightfully so.

Then what? Russia for example has reactivated the DeadHand system. So they are working on that. WE are getting ready to replace the old 60's Minuteman missile force with brand new missiles equal to their or superior to their current sons of satans and YARS ICBMs that can lay waste to our defenseless homeland in 15 minutes. That should happen approximately 2024. There is alot going on.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Looks like they want to offer 4 months no payroll tax.

It would lower the bill and release the burden of qualification verification.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What I am worried about is the People in general.

I would not have believed it for a moment with my lying eyes and ears...

In food store today.

"IMA got that 1000 a week UI (Unemployment insurance) and hundreds in that snap for dem kids. I be living large."

"Wal.. save that, you will be back at work soon."

"Wat? At dat call center for 10.00 hour? 300 a week? Aint gots time for dat cheap money. I wont go back"

So. With that in mind, I started thinking.

If 10.00 wont cut it, the precious 15.00 debate is finished and everyone now wants 25.00 a hour or a minimum of say 1000 net cash each week to ... do a actual job.... we will see prices go up to accomodate that.

Its not that pricing either. Some are truly fearful. They don't and refuse go to back work because they get sick and die or get the family sick. Either the children or the elderly. So the work is NOT worth the risk to their life as they see it at any price. Not even 1000 cash a week.

IF.... IF... say 90 million decide the same, we are going to see the other 80 million have to do twice the work to keep everything going. IF they decide to go back just for a couple hundred dollars a week Or discover they can drive a company Tractor trailer for no real responsibility or stress for 1200 a week.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

They brought this much on themselves. First the jobs went overseas and domestic labor was furloughed for places where human rights could be abused and standard of living were poor. Then some people felt left out, so we started paying people to not work. Then employers complained that they couldn't find labor and they HAD to bring in foreign labor. Then they needed to downsize overhead. They fire Jenny from accounting and now Alice has to do her job AND Jenny's job. Then we have to dot.com "all the things!" and whole swaths of analog know-how are broomed because it's "unfashionable".
    And the whole while the financial market plays a shell game with investments. Buying functional companies to hide bad debt, then running them into the ground and selling the scraps to profit.

I've never considered myself a 99%'er but at this point there's such a divide between the top and the working class it's amazing they're aren't lynch mobs. (The COVID keeping them away from the Hamptons.)

Now everything is tied up in distribution, and although truckers were heros for a hot minute. The curtain is being raised on more uncomfortable questions. Why is everything made overseas? How can a single pork plant have 18% of the global food supply? Why can't stores restock what's needed fast enough?

We've barely got into the COVID problem, we're pushing the financial problem down the road, and the distribution problem is about to come to the forefront.

The thought of a major military issue coming too? I think people will be fed up.

Americans in general have been pretty generous by nature. They embrace charity and compassion. I don't think the world is ready for a truly ticked off or self interested America. We may see that soon if stresses remain.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.