company fired me for safety performance now can't get hired

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by antoinefinch, Mar 28, 2017.

1. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    i had an accident (VENTURE EXPRESS) at KIA manufacturing in high point,GA, its not on my MVR I HAVE ONLY ONE TICKET FOR SPEEDING ABOUT A YEAR AGO WITH Swift 7 miles over the speed limit!
    We got paid by the load its about 30 to 50 trucking trying to get docks and everyone is in a hurry to get trailer dropped and take an empty back to get another load, i got caught up in the get in and get out frenzy! no excuses on my part(G.O.A.L FOLLOWED) but had a accident my cab caught the tail end of another trailer!

NOW IT SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM GETTING HIRED by another company and even getting unemployment from Georgia, because it happened before my probation i was let go FIRED!
    I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN OR NEEDED UNEMPLOYMENT I AM 57 YRS OLD WORK IS ALL I KNOW! ITS LIKE IF I CANT WORK I MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD, IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO EVEN GO APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYED AND TOOK ME TWO MONTHS BEFORE I APPLIED FOR IT!

CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO NOW!

akfisher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    @Chinatown should be aling soon to help. What city and state do you live in?

Puppage and antoinefinch Thank this.
  4. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    Still got a pair of walking shoes? Knocking on doors and craigslist is your best friend. I've had 2 driving jobs after a roll over. If I can do it so can you.

marnium, DoubleO7, FireLotus and 5 others Thank this.
  5. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    COLUMBUS,GA HOW YOU BEEN CHINA AND THE FAMILY?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Hang in there, sometimes it takes time to find a good job.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  7. Azkul89

Azkul89 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Plenty of mega carriers out there looking for warm bodies.....

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Forget the mega's.... get a copy of your driving record from the state and hit all the med/small companies in your area...

For now Collect unemployment... you paid in all these years...

9. Fatmando

Fatmando Medium Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah... unemployment is an INSURANCE, not a handout.

You paid premiums into it for decades; it's your turn to put in a claim. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. Nobody asked you if you wanted to pay in... if they had, and you had refused, then you would not be due any consideration in return. But a small part of your earnings was paid in as premiums, by your employers, all these years, and they got a pretty dammed good deal.

Your turn.

marnium, Just passing by and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  10. bulldawg trucker

bulldawg trucker Medium Load Member

Mar 14, 2017
    The unemployment won't get paid. Company will deny it. Then when he appeals they will show the documentation of the accident. Trust me I know. I was at a major corporation for 11 years, 4 years of that was in management so I saw it first hand. They never lost a claim that they put up a fight on. There was a few occasions they didn't fight the claim. Myself being one because I didn't have a single piece of paper in my file after 11 years. The current place I am at, we have never lost a claim. My hr department won't even consider a term unless I have things well documented. That being said, inside 90 days, it is an easy win for the company. Its like a trial period. All it takes is one thing. This is especially true if they laid it out in orientation. It sucks. Ga is a right to work state. Again, trust me they wouldn't have fired him if they didn't know they would win the claim.

That being said there are plenty of driving Jobs in Georgia. How long you been driving? What are you looking for? Tons of delivery jobs available all over the state if you don't mind busting it and earning that check. Start with Coke in Columbus if you want something local for a while. If your willing to come to Atlanta, you can have a job by the end of the week.

11. Fatmando

Fatmando Medium Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If they fight the claim, you're right. Fired for cause, no eligibility. But they don't all fight them. File anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.