Company just gave me 2022 International

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JC1971, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Bet it will get at least 8 mpg.

bzinger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I cant get past the dash layout. Looks like a dash out of a chevy.

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I'm not sure what you mean about cabinets. If they got you the full cabinet suite there's more storage than any other truck I've seen. The full storage is the small cabinets in the front and then from the end of that to the rear wall you get another cabinet of the same vertical design. They've held up for me. Current truck is 2.5 years old and other than being cursed it's been holding up fine. (Cursed as in I've gotten hit 4 times and gone through 4 windshields none my fault)

I don't really like how some designs will just give you vertical storage space. What am I supposed to do, dig everything else out to get to what's on the bottom? Make shelves?

Overall I love the open feeling you get in the LT/prostar designs. Everything else feels claustrophobic.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I checked out a 2021 International LT and thought the interior looked nice. It had a light tan color with honey colored faux burlwood accents.

Seemed nicer inside than a Cascadia to me. I didn't really pay attention to the capacity of the cabinets though.

I thought I have heard others say the best thing about those new Intl is the interiors.

bzinger, RubyEagle and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    A note about the cabinet materials. They feel a lot better than just regular plastic panels, but they're still light. It seems they have a soft touch coating and a thicker structure that is like a foamed plastic. Plenty strong. The lower cabinet and fridge counter do not share this material but feel better than what I experienced in a cascadia. Probably due to the reinforcing molded cross hashes.

7. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    I drive one now.

Enjoy Bendix Driver Assistance or whatever they call it. Enjoy having it beep everyone time someone cuts you off, starts going slow than you, drive too close to left/right lane, go faster than speed limit (it even picks up speed limit from on/off ramps or streets parallel to highway).

Well I guess it will keep you safe and drive you nuts at the same time.

8. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    It drives nice. It doesn't have the teeth-rattling ride of the Freightshaker. It's very quiet. You can barely hear the engine.

I was probably a little harsh on the interior, although they put a step for the top bunk in front of one of the cabinets which necessitates reaching over it to access the contents of the cabinet. It could probably be removed but it's not my truck. I just need to get used to it.

Annoyances: The sideboxes have gull-wing doors which make you have to duck and stick your head inside while you're rummaging around.
    If you put it in gear with the seatbelt off it intermittently beeps. Pretty sure I can back without the seatbelt on without hurting myself.

The most important thing is that it stays out of the shop. And whoever thought of this is a genius.....

IMG_20210807_092335047_MP.jpg

Dadetrucking305 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Is that a toilet paper dispenser? Know I see paper towel but two rolls of toilet paper can fit there too?

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    You've never needed a paper towel dispenser on the road? It's great. If you leave some hanging you can clean up a mess without even stopping. And no bungee cord to wear out. Just two spring pins. My only complaint is it's hard to find decent paper towels in a small enough roll size for it.

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    I really liked the 1974 4200 with the powerful 8V71Detroit and with the small box sleeper! It was an improvement over the CO4000 cabover! Storage? What are you talking about! Yes, I'm an old fart!

bzinger and RubyEagle Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.