company refuses to let me get my personal property from truck. what do i do?????

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by esotericarus, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    As a company driver, I actually never took more clothes and junk with me that wouldn't fit into a navy sea bag,.........(excluding tools)

When I quit JB..............I was packed up, and truck was cleaned out in 5 minutes. About the only stuff I left behind were paper towels and Windex.

Pffffffffffft!.................gone!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Whe you where first fired, why did you not take your belongings then?

4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Its a good idea to actually read the full thread before replying.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
  6. darkvslight88

darkvslight88 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2018
    This just happened to me like two weeks ago, well something similar. My little sister died and I told the company to get me home. (Btw they didn't notify me until 2 days after her passing because they were "unauthorized to do so")Anyway, I was in PA, told them to have me home on Monday. I get home Monday to deal with everything, and because my load wasn't delivered in PA, they told me I was set up for a relay with another driver from Indy to take over the load, while I would be getting an empty trailer. WED COMES AROUND and they gave me some B.S. email saying the trailer was there but the tractor wasnt. They tried telling me it was stolen. I contact the Morton, IL police and they said it had to be moved because Wal-Mart was doing some training. No big deal they said. I get down there to move it and they were already in the truck taking it. I asked them what was going on, and they tried telling me the truck was sitting to long, that I can get my belongings in IA. They refused to let me take my stuff when i asked. Fast forward to just this afternoon and i called to tell them I'm coming to get my stuff. They tell me i could or got it before they came and got it, that it was all thrown away in the dumpster. Worst pos company I ever worked for.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Maybe next time you won't park in a non-truck place. Just because the rig fits, does not give drivers the right to use someone's property as their own....

8. darkvslight88

Jul 3, 2018
    Uh I was on hometime and Wal-Mart didn't care about me parking there, neither does the police. Why don't you understand what I posted before you reply. The company I worked for came and got the truck because my sister died and did not allow me to get my belongings back.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I'm confused.

Two things why.

"My little sister died and I told the company to get me home. (Btw they didn't notify me until 2 days after her passing because they were "unauthorized to do so")"

Who is they and why didn't anyone else in your family call you?

Sorry about your sis by the way.

This too -

"I get down there to move it and they were already in the truck taking it."

Who is they?

Walmart?

The cops?

Your company?

The guys from the subway shop down the road?

You know what i think, you should have called the cops and told them no one told you that anyone was coming for the truck and you think they are lying about it.

10. darkvslight88

Jul 3, 2018
    I called the cops, asked them about the truck. All they told me is that Wal-Mart was doing some training in the parking lot, that they needed it moved up, away from the automotive department. The company is the one who emailed me and supposedly said the trailer was there but the tractor wasnt. That it was stolen, even though the tractor was right there with the trailer. The company I was working for came and got the truck, no one else and they are the ones who refused my belongings back. I tried being polite to the owner about it and he just slammed the door in my face, saying I can pick up my belongings in IA. So on the 3rd I called them to come get my belongings and thats when they informed me all my belongings were thrown in the trash. I do now realize I didn't specify who did what. I was kind of pissed off at the time. So I'm sorry about that.

11. Trumpwins

Trumpwins Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2019
    That's why you should travel light and just pack your vibrator.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.