company sweating me about my idle time

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jtaran06, Jun 27, 2009.

1. raylazyboy

raylazyboy Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2011
    canton ohio
    No Idle Restrictions! Because you shouldn’t have to pay for comfort!

Just found this job on craigs list http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/trp/2326297557.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Sounds great, but some work from home recruiter, advertising on craigslist can SY/WRITE anything they want.

4. capital 48

capital 48 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    Both of you are missing the point here. I have been on both sides of the fence and seen first hand the kind if thing that are done to drivers. you want to be treated right. drivers are treated for the most part like crap. I spent time in the service. in some very bad areas. that was better then what I have seen done to some drivers today. I would love to take both of you stick you in TX., in 85deg weather in a tin 8x10 box tell you we have no load and leave you sit for 2-3 days. Tell you not to idle your truck. Then when you do fire you. or when you leave your truck and say I am done. I hit your DAC and screw you big time. AS stated in an other post if you want low idle the put apu`s on the trucks they pay for the selves in no time.
    There are some bull sh. drivers out there that bitc. about everything. but some things are leget. You can idle if you have a pet. WHAT? how about people. Lets all do this to save the company money turn off all the heaters, a/c units, fridge, conputers, snack mechines, lights. Open all the windows and do it the way it was done years ago. That would work for me what about you.

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    There are no laws that allow you to idle with a pet.

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Ronin's dead on. She guarantee's no idle restrictions for all six companies:biggrin_2556:
    Another parasite of the industry:biggrin_25510:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  7. capital 48

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    It is not just there ALL Recruiters lie their ### off as do most of the office personal. been there done that. The bull that is thrown around in vast supply. :biggrin_25513:

8. capital 48

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    check some of the state idle regs. been there almost got fined until they saw the dog.

9. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

And I would respond if you want a truck with an APU go buy one or find someone that will:biggrin_25525:

You know the thing that baffles me?

People spent thousands of years without heaters or coolers for ambient air temp. It's a miracle we as a species survived this horror:biggrin_2559:

Pet's need shade and water not an idling truck. Dog's live outside their entire lives in the desert without A/C in sight:biggrin_25522:

In fact dog's are smart enough to go find somewhere cool to survive the heat. It's their dumb arsed owners that want to stick it out in a truck:biggrin_25526:

10. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    ok, I'm willing to go sit in a box in texas for 3 days. Just pay me my mileage and gas cost. I'll have to take my car because I don't have a truck. Oh can you supply the metal box?

11. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    The irony just flows... I was born and raised on the Texas gulf coast where humidity averages 90%. Think Miami or New Orleans climate. Without air conditioning, my folks were born in 1913 and 1921 and didn't believe in it. I was on active duty when I had my first air conditioned sleeping arrangements.

Dad taught me to work hard and deal with what I earned. If you think you should write the rules for a company, then by all means, start a company and have at it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.