Company with 10 / 15 days hometime

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FrenchyAz, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    "up to" and "as much as"....... they're hoping people don't notice these words, right ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    How about:
    Half of our OTR Drivers average 2500 miles per week. We pay $.50 cpm. At least you could do the math. You should also know if you are in the top 50%!! Not a tough place to be with all of the clowns out here with CDL's. If you don't know if you are in the top 50% or not..........you AREN'T!! LOL

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It is common for trucking companies to have a maximum days off policy,7-10 days off, for example. I think ChinaTown's suggestion to work for a Driver Leasing Company or CDL Temp Agency is a good solution. You Tell them when you are available. You will usually be assigned to different trucking companies at different times, yet our employment record will appear as only working for the driver leasing company.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Last job I applied to the recruiter kept sending me stuff over text an email that said “our top drivers make”
    I kept asking him exactly what does that mean. Lol who is considered a top driver? Then he sent me one that said “the top 50% of our drivers average $1622 per week“.
    Then I just ask him to break down the pay structure exactly. I told him I was capable of doing math. Lol

I can’t believe these old recruiting tricks still work. I prefer a company that just shoots straight and I’ll figure out how much I’ll be making. Lol

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  6. FrenchyAz

FrenchyAz Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2021
    Thank you all for the feedback. I am actually taking the plunge and doing it. I submitted my resignation for my desk job and took the CLP exam. I passed it. I am now looking for any major companies that hire people and help them get their CDL. I already applied to Roehl, Swift, Knight and CRST. Do you guys know of any other major companies within the PHX or southern California areas I should be looking into?
    Mery Christmas.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This company runs trucks out of Phoenix. Have their own cdl school; probably ship you to Missouri for the school. Meals, lodging, transportation and hourly pay while attending school.

Western Dairy Transport
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    • CDL A License – paid training available with permit!
    • We are glad you found Western Dairy Transport! You didn't get here by accident. In fact, you're probably looking for more than just another local or regional trucking job. That's perfect because we happen to be a company that focuses on more than just the task at hand.
      • Home daily for local drivers and home weekly for regional drivers

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Even drivers don't know how much they'll make each week. Too many variables can change the paycheck week to week.

9. FrenchyAz

FrenchyAz Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2021
    Thank you Chinatown, You are an invaluable resource. Let me know if you have any other company in mind. Sending an app to Western Dairy transport right now

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.