company with best hometime??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RYITO1122334455, Nov 17, 2008.

1. RYITO1122334455

RYITO1122334455 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    youngstown ohio
    what company out there will give me the best hometime??? right mow i work for millis, thier hometime seems to be one of the best, however the recruter told me i could be on for seven and then be off for 3 or 4. now in orientation they say thats not possible........ i hae family and 74 yr old grandma that has to go to appt's. now i dont mind being gone for 7 or 8 days i jst need 3 or 4 homeafter that. does anyone do this???? i can live off off 500 or 600 a week, so miles dont have to be excessive, my fiance is going for nursing so money isnt to much of an issue. i just would like to be otr part time if it makes sence. i can probly squeeze by for my year here but after my contract is up, id like to find a company that can fit my scedule. any ideas or suggestions?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    You won't get time off like that in OTR unless you get into a company like Roehl that has the 7/7 or 7/3 set up. Otherwise, the general rule of thumb for time off is 1 day for every 6 or 7 out on the road.

4. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Youngstown is a pretty heavily traveled freight lane. You should have no problem with weekly home time once you get done with your commitment at Millis.

Falcon is based in Youngstown. I don't know anything about the company, but that's one direction you might consider after doing some research on the company.

5. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    Find a little fish to work for you might be suprised what you find they are out there my guys have 2 days of a week and take a grand a week home

6. tinglish

tinglish Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Cottonwood, CA
    you're asking alot, when i started with dickie simon, it was 21 days out for 3 days at home (only one of MANY reasons i only stayed there 6 Months)

but there are companys that have like a "homerun fleet" 4 days on and 4 days off. at least gordon used to have one like that.

7. Jtruckin

Jtruckin Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Sacramento, Ca
    Yeah I think Schneider has something like that home run fleet tinglish mentioned also, though Im not sure they're hiring much right now...

8. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    transport america, schneider, roehl, bar-nunn, crst, all have home time fleets...

with any of them it depends on them being able to pair you with another guy and alternate you in the truck.

meaning, it depends where you are at and whats available and nobody's gonna give you a personal truck and then let it sit every other week...

9. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    why are you doing otr? you want a local job!!!! Or at worst a regional job. you will NOT like most otr jobs, thats why their called otr, your required to be on THE ROAD.

10. CDLschoolgrad

CDLschoolgrad Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Bear, DE
    I'm a recent grad going to Roehl on their hometime plus program. Out 7 then home 4, then out 7 again and home 3 and it just keeps going like that. You slip seat between 2 rigs and 2 other drivers and they are one of the better companies to work for. :biggrin_25525:

11. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    bringing back the old threads are we...lol....4 years at that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.