companys that have closed

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mule, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    It should be reported that Jim Palmer is still running. They are doing it under a chapter 11 while they re-organize.

Trucking today is getting hard. I have noticed less trucks on the road and much less frieght. One reason I run a refer. I don't care how bad things get. People have to eat. There is an up side to all of this thou. It is driving the bad drivers out. Those who are un-safe, lazy or just do this as a "job". I think when this is all over the industry will be stronger and the driving force better off. We'll just have to see who is strong enough to make it though strom.

pinballwizard and mceheel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cpassey

cpassey Light Load Member

I heard from a recruiter (GTI) that came to my school (IITR) the other day that 3500 trucking companies went belley up in 2008.:biggrin_25510:
    I know that there are alot of trucking companies here in Oregon (mostly flatbeders) that have closed there doors due to a poor lumber industry.:biggrin_25516:
    Sorry to see this happen cause alot of these companies are mom and pop shows with 5,10,15,20 trucks.:biggrin_2554:
    Alot of them were well run too...:biggrin_2551:

4. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Regrettably, it is necessary that the weak fail so that the strong may survive.

5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Already a few I know about that have shut down or will be in the first few days of this year are...Carlen transport out of Maine, and I just heard from a friend that drives for BCB trucking out of Sparta NC, the owners is 70 and has decided to close up in Feb. so thats another 40 drivers looking for work. The "experts" say the first quarter of this year will bring a slew of companies that are barely hanging on closing up shop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.