Complaint about Maverick Transportation LLC hiring Practices, opinions please

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Gary7, Mar 10, 2010.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Trucking as you know is a very different lifestyle than almost any other profession that you get into. The reason for so much turnover in the industry is that many people find that this is a lifestyle and not just a job and find that it is not to their liking. We have turnover, ours are just better than most!...lol:biggrin_2551:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Well maverick's turnover rate of -57% that's not too bad. That and if you're a good driver you know you can always have a job next week. There's not too many industries that you know if you quit your job you can have a different one in less than a week. So that helps in turn over. Some say the grass is greener on the other side of the hill. Me I'll just water my lawn and stay where I'm at.

4. BusDriver

BusDriver Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Minooka, IL
    James said, on the first day of orientation, "The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence,but it usually is greener over the septic tank."

larry5853 and gunnyt Thank this.
  5. ninjatrucker

ninjatrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Don't believe the hype about Maverick, just like any other trucking company , they too have " ISSUES". Maverick is not a perfect trucking company in some ways they support working in a hostile working environment. Think twice about working for this company.

6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Sounds like another wish he was but wasnt. Lol

7. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

I have been up since 00:15 this morning....so pardon me while I just sit back and laugh at that one....I can not even think of how to respond to it....it is the dumbest thing that I have ever seen posted on this forum and I have seen some lu lu's..

What hostile work environment are you referring to? The angry driver that yells at you on the cb because you are not going fast enough? The occasional grumpy loader at a steel mill because you did not do something correct? The grumpy driver from another company because you got in line before him? The grumpy driver at the truck stop because you are taking too long to back into the spot?

Please expound for all of us what hostile work environment are you referring to...I am dying to hear this one...because I have been treated with nothing but respect from everyone at Maverick that I have had any contact with in the past almost two years.:biggrin_25524:

Pegasus and Danfromwindsor Thank this.
  8. sewerman

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    don't believe what people work there say about the company. Is that the hype. Issues every company has issues 95% of the time I'm tickled to death with them 5% of the time I disagree with. That's a better percentage than I have with my wife of 30+ years. Hostile working environment you have to show me where. Think twice about working for this company. I say think twice before quitting this company. Just my two cents.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  9. sewerman

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

I think you hit the nail on the head.

10. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I agree with NINJATRUCKER (nice handle by the way) when he stated "they support working in a hostile working environment" As Jim just mentioned there is a lot of hostility out here one the road, at shippers, consignees, in traffic, at truck stops and the weather at times. Maverick "Supports" its drivers in all these situations with proper training and sufficient tools to get the job done. If you need "additional support" you can get someone on the phone 24/7. Actually, Maverick might make this their new slogan " We support our drives, even in hostile environments"
    My advice to you NinjaTrucker would be make like a ninja and disappear quietly into the darkness, thank you.

sewerman Thanks this.
  11. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Excellent!:yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.