Completely bogus psp report

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Jmanchester91, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Jmanchester91

Jmanchester91 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2021
    Hey folks. I’m currently employed and looking to go local after being OTR for 4+ years. I’ve had a fairly clean mvr (with the exception of a non reportable accident in 2020 involving backing at a truck stop), Dac is good and never had anything on my psp.

well, over the last week I’ve applied to jobs, barely have received any calls back but I’d see that company recruiters were updating information and pulling reports from the clearinghouse etc and then communication would just cease.

I was confused. But then I had a larger carrier today contact me that there is an accident involving an injury on my psp. After looking into it, it appears that a report was made on dec 5th 2023 (my bday, ironically) in a smaller town outside of Austin Texas. The company that the driver on the report drives for is a company Ive neither heard of nor worked for. On the date on the report, I remember exactly where I was, Philadelphia, pa, where I live, celebrating my bday. The drivers license on the report is, in fact, my drivers license number, and the same can be said about my name. Everything else on the report is blatantly 100% false.

I’ve submitted a dataqs dispute, after making the report I managed to get into contact with someone at the Texas dps. I basically told the guy that this was unquestionably not me and asked what documentation I could submit in order to back my story up, since I had nothing to do with this. I also made it clear that I was losing job offers because of this and that I was kind of upset. I definitely misrepresented how upset I was, I am very upset.

With a somewhat understanding but stills blasé attitude about the ordeal, the Texas dps official gave me a run down about what amounts to basically five different government agencies calling or emailing back and forth to each other, “investigating”, contacting the company that was actually involved in the accident, etc. I asked him to cut to the chase and tell me how long I can expect to wait to have it removed so I can proceed with getting this job.

he said five business days. I’m sure any trucker here knows that that can make or break a job offer. They’ll scoop someone else up, and a home daily job in Philadelphia is hard to find.

I just want to know if there’s any magic I can work with correspondence between agencies to kind of jump start these guys to getting this handled and if there is any legal recourse if they decide to take their sweet time with this and cost me more job offers.

I’m out here working for a mega and in their contracting program. They’ve been giving me doggy doodoo miles and doggy doodoo loads and charging me out the rear end for expenses and lease payments. Since December I’ve made 40k gross and have only netted 9k and I’ve been home for a grand total of 2 days. I can’t afford to stay with this company any longer and I definitely can’t afford to just sit here and wait for the govt to do something about this (for me) monumental screw up. I have bills to pay.

Any way, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for responses. Hope y’all are staying safe out there and keepin the silver side up.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Sounds like your identity was stolen. You need to recover any documentation showing you were in Philly, that week. Logs, BOL's ,fuel records toll receipts and settlement sheets.

Flat Earth Trucker and wis bang Thank this.
  4. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    You need to get a credit report to see if anyone is getting loans in your name since they have your driver's license number. Get your credit locked down before this starts happening.

5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    No, that may not be true. While I understand exactly why you would be worried, since this happened to me (sorda) I realized it's just incompetence on someones behalf, most likely.

When I was shot March 18th 2022, I was hospitalized until March 29th at which time I was wheelchair bound, unable to do anything for myself and was taken home in a 4 wheeler to my parents house for them to care for me rather than me wind up in a rahab facility. A month or two later I receive a notice on my house door that I had legal paperwork. I called the sheriff and was served with a notice of lawsuit for an accident where I hit someone in the back driving a commercial vehicle in Monroe the day I was released from the hospital. They had my name right, my address, everything, but it obviously was not me. I called the lawyers office and told them they had the wrong person. Turns out the guy had my name spelled as oddly as it is, but with an extra T at the end. The police report had his spelled right, the lawyer had it without the extra T. Police report showed the guys correct DL number, but I still, TO THIS DAY, do not know how they got my information because NONE of my info was in the police report yet I received the lawsuit.

I have had nothing odd with my credit since and have no reason to believe anyone stole my identity. Most identity thieves aren't CDL drivers so this is not likely the case. Identity thieves want to drain your bank accounts, not ping your PSP.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.