Computer Tax Software for Truckers

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Load Hunter, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Load Hunter

Load Hunter Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2019
    My husband is buying his truck through the company he works for. He has to file 1099. He has been told that there is tax software that he can input his receipts daily and at the end of the year file his taxes through, like TurboTax or Quicken or something. Does anyone file their own taxes through a software program geared for owner operators or have any advice on a good software to buy?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diabello

diabello Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Check out Profit Gauges on www.letstruck.com, very easy to use and is made for owner operators. They have full service where you send them your receipts every month and they input everything for you and produce your monthly reports like profit and loss etc. I like the self input option where you input all your receipts and information yourself, very easy to use.

4. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I use this also, might check out the fuel gauges app to, it's free and will help keep track of your fuel mileage and will sync rite up with profit gauges.

5. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    Turbo Tax in conjunction with using Quick books is all you need.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    My officer staff use quick books, it is an older version modified for my needs. We don't need to mess around with anything when it comes to tax time.

7. darkstarfinancial

darkstarfinancial Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2019
    quickbooks online is the best option these days. you download the app, and you can take pics of your receipts, and categorize them on the go anytime you have time. You can also just take pics of receipts and at the end of every day, week or month just go on your computer and categorize them regularly.

8. truckaholic001

truckaholic001 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Nevada
    Our company use www.form2290.com to file our 2290s. Where you can keep all your filing records form many years. Even if you misplace the receipt somewhere, simply login to your account there and you will be able to download it easily.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.