Con-way Freight opens new service center in Rockford, Ill.

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Cybergal, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Con-way Freight opens new service center in Rockford, Ill.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trick Daddy

Trick Daddy Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Loves Park, IL
    Any Drivers from Rockford on this board? I am a newbie looking to get into a job with some hometime...eventually. I thought it was going to be a while, but it sounds like the Rockford location may hire student drivers? I suppose that was a question...lol. I was all set to "pay my dues" for a while, but can anyone give me some insight into the Rockford location? What are your experiences? Again, sorry if it seems general, but I don't know enough yet to ask the right questions, I guess. I'm at Rock Valley Truck Driver Training right now, which is a great school, and it is going pretty well. I have a few pre-hires for OTR, but ConWay just sounds pretty darn good to me......

4. JFKFC199

JFKFC199 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    apply as soon as you finish, and start the process of getting the hazmat endorsement, because that requires a background check and it takes forever... I got hired out of school, and i live i the northeast, probably the hardest part of the country to drive in. so they may not discriminate. just get in as soon as you can so you're higher on the seniority list.

5. Trick Daddy

Trick Daddy Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Loves Park, IL
    Thanks, I am still weighing options, but Con-Way sounds good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.