connex 3300 with fatboy amp

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mrdice, Oct 7, 2008.

1. wrongway83

wrongway83 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2009
    mason wv
    Hey guy make sure your jumper wire is hooked up in the rite place ,radio too xmtr and antenna too antenna, if it still has a buzzing noise flip your radios high / low power switch on the low position also check and make sure that your hot wire & grnd wires are not running to the same place that you are running your radio from these wires from your amp need to come rite off of your battery. hope i could help. wrongway83

Big John Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    If you can live with 60-65 watts then I guess,as I'm understanding there are Cobra 29's out now that destroy the 33HP platform.
    Literally twice the swing wattage and over $100 cheaper.

As for driving a straight 4 pill,hit it with true 5 watt DK and let it SWING !

:biggrin_25525:

4. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Huh ?
    I have both my radio and box's wired directly to the batteries.
    The radio is hooked to the first battery and the juice box leads(4ga.) are hooked to the last in the set of three.
    There is also a ground strap jumper from the battery post to the frame
    (its a welded bolt) there are no issues when running WFO with a 2X8 :biggrin_25525:

5. unit117

unit117 Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2010
    do u still have ur 900 watt high drive fatboy for sale??

6. 555 BigHorn Mobile

555 BigHorn Mobile Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2011
    So does this mean I can keep running my 4pi
    ll into my 16 pill an not burn it up , a driver told me I couldnt run a amp into another amp

7. A Driver

A Driver Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I'm running a General HP 40W that's been tuned. I'm looking to hook a kicker up to it but not sure on which one. I'd like to have at least 500 watts. I was running a 100 watt on a Galaxy 959 and it functioned pretty well. My General sounds great now and I can reach out fairly well but I'm always chasing greater range. Any info would be appreciated.

8. country29

country29 Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    well with that general 40, it should be doing around 100 watts so that narrows your amp options down to a well built hi drive 4pill or better yet would be a straight 8pill, your best and cleanest sounding option would be a 8pill or larger. just my .005 worth

A Driver Thanks this.
  9. A Driver

A Driver Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2013
    After much thought....think I'm just gonna run my radio the way it is. Unless I find a super great deal on a kicker.

10. A Driver

A Driver Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Still have the kicker? I'd buy it. Need a big amp for my General HP.

11. sparkplugwire

sparkplugwire Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2013
    There are many different types of Radio amplifiers,some require a 1 watt to drive it and some require as many as 100 watts,be sure as to what you are buying before you buy it,sparkplugwire.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.