Connex 3300HP-ZX

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2005.

1. frago

frago Light Load Member

May 26, 2008
    NW Iowa
    Why do Hams feel the need to be complete Anal "Stick in the Muds".

The Term "hall Monitor" and " Pocket Protector" , ring no more true that with Hams. I rode with a trainer many years ago that was a ham , and spent many hours observing him and listening to his conversations. Wow. Talk about the Dullard club. This thread has been destroyed by the Hall monitors who feel the need to police everything in the CB RADIO FORUM.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    112racing Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    In what way ? Not that some are a bit forward The problem is there are rules we all must live by I can't vouch for others but what did I post was incorrect ?

I have used CB since the early 60's maybe some have not ......

4. Calve

Calve Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    You said I was bad.

Wait, you could be correct in that.

I stand corrected. My bad. :)

5. frago

frago Light Load Member

May 26, 2008
    NW Iowa
    Pretty decent Article I once read about the current state of CB and the laws that govern it.

6. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    So what you are saying is, the Feds should just open the gates wide for MO Powah, MO channels, MO interference, MO' static, and MO inability to communicate. That is EXACTLY what would happen if FCC consented to just open up CB to do most anything! More interference to EACH other, More noise to EACH other, more people using WAY more power than necessary----which creates more noise, more interference, LESS usability.
    Allowing or condoning DX contacts without restraint would make things WORSE, not better.

Part of the problem is, 99 % of CBers have NO idea of what their operations DO to other operators. The rest don't CARE. Indeed, there is some thrill that, perhaps, makes up for some other physical or mental limitations in "stomping mudducks". What GOOD does that really do other than to soothe one's ego? The other problem is TRAINING. The ability to use a radio that reaches out hundreds of miles has inherent consequences that HARM other operators. THAT is a FACT! It is WHY the rules are THERE. That, then, is the reason for the rules and the reason the much-maligned hams take TESTS for the privilege of doing what CBers simply usurp illegally. In the amateur environment, testing gives one basic knowledge on which to build his radio skills, practice equals LEARNING, and the operator is much more likely to operate without causing harm to other users. CB operators just go out and buy a radio, have some bootleg shop "hop" it up so it sounds horrible and adds "channels" to which he neither has reason to use nor is allowed to have and BAM: "I'm this here gre't big 'reddio operator'! HEE HEE! I jist squashed a mudduck!" Well whoop-te-doo!!!!!!

Now. The other reason CB radio will not ever get all these things CBers want is, (beyond the massive interference it would add to the CB mess), they already HAVE the ability to GET all those things they want!:biggrin_255: For ALL those "channels", for up to 1500 watts of LEGAL power (when necessary), and for ALL the DX stations can handle ALL they have to do is to TAKE the amateur radio license test and be willing to obey some reasonable and simple rules. If you think CB radio has "DX", HA!!!!! Ham radio has DX that will blow away any CB frequency ANY DAY!!! Stuff CBers never know exists. Your CB radio is basically the same it was in 1958! Ham radios cover THOUSANDS of so-called "channels" (ham radios don't USE channels except for 60 Meters), can scan and listen to everything from broadcast radio to 500 MHZ and above. They are compact and can remote to a secure spot; CB radios don't remote. There's thousands of reasons to get the ham ticket. All the things CBers crave are at their fingertips. CB radio will NEVER get all those things (legally) and FCC will never permit CB radio to "compete" with the REAL hobby radio service. That's just the way it is.

GF

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

But your a funny bad LOL :biggrin_25514:

8. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    " The majority of CB operators I know who really love using the CB radio on a daily basis are not troublemakers. They are not criminals. They are hobbyists who are doing what they love. They talk skip at every chance and a large proportion of them use radios that have outputs in excess of the legal limit but do not operate at excessive or unacceptable levels. "

BUNK .....

IF you want to run a CB radio you have 40 ch and 4 watts if that is not good enough get a ham license.

" Another example of this is the common use and sale of export radios in the US market. Export radios are basically hopped up CB radios that have more options and more output than your standard 4 watt CB radio. Most export radios put out between 10-30 watts on AM.

Now why in recent days have export radios become so popular? Well most CB radio users who buy an export radio do so because of the extra output wattage. And they are not doing this because are willfully trying to break the law; they are doing this out of necessity. "

BUNK .....

I work the world on many bands with well under 100 watts 1/10 what I can run legaly IF YOU BUY A ILLEGAL RADIO YOU ARE WILLFULLY BREAKING FEDERAL LAW. What a cop out they need too ......

" Yes, static caused by electrical interference. The average level of static picked up by your CB has increased anywhere from 25-35% by my estimates over the last 30 years and this means that it's harder and harder to hear anyone on the CB radio. In some areas the interference from electrical devices is so strong that CB radio communication is not even possible.

SHOW ME THE DATA !!!!!

Now this creates a very large problem for CB radio operators. How are you supposed to enjoy and use a CB radio when you can barely hear someone only 5 miles away because of all the interference? Well the only thing that you can do under these conditions is to increase the amount of signal power so that your stronger signal can be heard above the high level of static. In many cases where 4 watts will not allow two users to talk normally when they are 5 miles apart, 25 watts will let them have a perfect conversation without any worry of trying to be heard over the electrical noise. BUNK

One of the reasons the electrical noise has gotten so bad is because the FCC has not enforced its regulations on many devices. In addition many power companies and phone TOTAL BUNK !!!!!! go check out FCC part 15 it IS ENFORCED !!!!!!!

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/Welcome.html

companies are not being regulated properly by the FCC and the level of interference and radiating signals coming from their devices is in direct violation of FCC law.

So when a CB user goes out and buys a radio that has an output of 25 watts they really aren't the one to blame. The FCC did not do its job for the last 30 years regulating the large utility companies and the manufacturers of electronics. It's the FCC's responsibility to recognize that their own lack of enforcement has led to an increase in
    interference and that they need to change the current CB regulations to allow for higher output to counter these conditions. TOTAL BUNK !!!!

The person who posted this is missleading at best Cb rules have not changed becaue there is no VALID reason to change them not because of noise .....

BTW 4 ver 25 watts is about 1.5 "S" units .......

9. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    YOU JUST DONT GET IT!!
    This is the "CB FORUM" not the Ham Comedy channel

Why do you feel so compelled to "Troll" this CB FORUM with
    Ham regurge ?

Just answer the "DIRECT QUESTION" in "CONTEXT"

Chain Drive Thanks this.
  10. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    All I did was answer a totaly invalid post from some CB forum about why rules should change. 99% of what was posted is garbarge if this person feels a need to change CB rules at this moment the FCC is taking inquires as to rule changes ... have at it ......

Change can be good .....

11. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    There were TWO questions asked. (1) Why shouldn't CBers be able to "wave a hand" on 10 Meters? 2)Why shouldn't FCC change the rules to allow CBers to "work skip"? Both were posed both in questions and in statements of justification to support breaking the rules that protect all users. I answered both those questions. I can't help it you don't like the truth, but it IS the truth. I just don't know HOW to "sugercoat" it!

All that "noise" on CB is SELF-CREATED! It is caused by "appliance-operating" people who have no idea of what they are doing! They go out and buy a washing machine, turn it on and start washing. They don't HAVE to know anything to wash clothes. With a RADIO, its a whole different animal because when you grab a mike and start yammering away, it adversely affects OTHER people. When you increase power beyond what others have, it upsets the balance. It CREATES MORE "static", as the poster said, because it allows (theoretically) the signal to travel farther than it would without it. It then interferes with the OTHER fellow, who then buys an amplifier to interfere with someone else down the line. It simply snowballs making more and more noise. Its NOT some "company" down the line to point fingers at; NO! Let the users themselves look in the mirror as to why CB is a mish mash of noise, hash and trash on the air! More power, more 'DX", more this, more that ain't the answer. Folks, ADMIT it! The noise and junk is self-made. The Feds KNOW that relaxing rules is not the way to do it. If folks won't even READ Part 95 now, do you REALLY think they'd obey them if they were relaxed? Nope!
    "Mo' Powah, Mo Channels, All controls to the right, twist and turn them pots----compounded to the 5th power!!!!!:biggrin_25523: That's the way it would work!!!!!

Hams come here to tell you the TRUTH! We know some of us don't want to HEAR that, but it IS the truth. Sorry!

GF

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.