Connex 3300HP-ZX

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Ok by me, knock your socks off.
    Just for info it is this wierd amature attitude that has kept hams out of all 5 of my buildings. They always think they know better ehrn we tell them what filtering has to be inplace, and never want to pay rent. But there are planty of other guys with repeater sites that let them in.

Not intended for WA4GCH, I have always found you informative and respectful.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    NO DOUBT ......

There are idiots with HAM licenses Speaking of repeaters I had a 6 meter one I built and ran back in the 1970's no one offred to help pay for its upkeep .....

Being stupid or uncareing is not a CB or HAM thing it comes from within the person.
    I have a 27 year old handicapped son when he was 3 they passed a paper around trying to get us tossed out of the house we were in ....
    He might grow up to hurt someone .....
    That did not stop them after that they went after my antennas .....how I cut the lawn, the car even our Dachshund dog.
    I ran Little League teams for handicapped kids for 13 years and got to see just how some people act toward others .....

Yep there are lots of them out there I work at a jail I get to meet the ones that get caught .......

Photo of my attack Dachsund .....

Attached Files:

4. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Actually, CB radio NEEDS a 102" whip (on mobile) to work properly. Generally, what you said is correct, but mispoke your meaning. Hey, I do that a LOT!:biggrin_2559: The LOWER the frequency, usually the LONGER the antenna, so you are right there. CB is at the upper end of the HF spectrum and it uses a shorter antenna. An antenna at 75 Meters would be some 120 feet long (dipole). A mobile needs a big coil to 'scrunch' all that antenna into!:biggrin_255:

GF

5. am89

am89 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2010
    METRO NYC
    Its actually 108".Very few places sell a 108" SS whip.You end up buying the 102" whip and adding the 6" spring.

6. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Ok just to show you how well the FCC protects us .....

This is a warning over a fishtank light !

Mr. (names withheld
    Mrs.
    (address withheld)
    Waldorf, MD 20601
    Dear Mr. and Mrs. (names withheld):
    The Federal Communications Commission notified you by letter dated December 20, 2004, that
    it has received complaints of harmful radio interference apparently caused by an aquarium light
    in your residence.
    In the December 20 letter, you were advised that this problem, if unresolved, could be a violation
    of FCC rules and could result in a monetary forfeiture (fine) for each occurrence. The letter
    explained the responsibility of consumers in regard to radio interference from incidental
    radiators. Tests with the complainant indicated that the interference from your residence is
    apparently resulting from one of your three aquarium lights. When that light was turned off, the
    interference stopped.
    You were requested to advise this office within 30 days of what steps you were taking to correct
    this reported interference problem, but you have not done so. The complainant, a licensed radio
    operator, reports that the interference continues.
    In order to avoid enforcement action, please
    advise this office within 10 days of receipt letter of what action you have taken, or intend to
    take, in order to correct the source of these radio emissions.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact me at 717-338-2502.
    CC: FCC District Office, Columbia, MD

7. Gadfly

Aug 18, 2006
    That's why I OWN my house! No arbitrary "rules", no Homeowners' A S S-ociation, nobody can tell me what I can have!:biggrin_25523: No, "YOU can't park that car on the lawn, you can't have people over, you can't have a cat, you can't do this, you can't do that! You can't have them antennas up there!!" I'll put up as many as I want to!:biggrin_25522:

I once bought an old Jeep which I planned to restore. Nosy old lady next door who thinks she owns the whole freakin' neighborhood saw it when I pushed it outside one day. She called in a code enforcement violation on me!:biggrin_25516: You know what I did? I put it in the CARPORT and covered it up with a tarp just to SPITE her! She almost spit her false teeth out when she found out that so long as the vehicle was covered, was IN the carport, showed no signs of being "abandoned", there wasn't a durned thing she could do about it. Today that rare '51 Jeep is restored, drives on a regular basis, is painted USAF colors, and is valued at around $11,000. Funny. She doesn't seem to MIND when I park it in the drive NOW!!!:biggrin_2559:

I've been on BOTH sides of the fence: landlord AND renter, and I don't wanna be EITHER!!! EVER again!!!!:biggrin_25513:

GF

8. DrDubbya

DrDubbya Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Dallas, Tx
    Haha thats what I get for opening my mouth late at night. Thanks for the catch.

9. Gadfly

Aug 18, 2006
    Like I said, I do that all the time, 'specially when its late. Sometimes I could've been on one of those "blooper" tapes like the poor announcer on LIVE radio that announced a program in his deep, deep voice, "This program is brought to you by the 'overdead ######### company'!!!!!!!:biggrin_2555::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559: He, of course, meant to say, "The Overhead DOOR Company"!!! Can you IMAGINE saying something like that on live radio in the 1950's??:biggrin_2559: Oh my GOODNESS!!!! He probably got FIRED even tho he didn't MEAN to say it!!!!!!:biggrin_2559:

GF

10. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    We had a local DJ here in the 70's who put a small fish place in St. Petersburg on the map when he did a commerical for them it was for a lunch called AUNT HATTYS FISH PLATTER .....

HE ANOUNCED AUNT HATTYS FICH BLATTER ! :biggrin_2559: Sever times while his producer went nuts in the background tring to correct him ......
    As long as he was with that station they sponsered him .......

Their fish was lousy and the closed about 10 years later ........

11. Gadfly

Aug 18, 2006
    Took 'em that long, huh? I've got a 33 record of bloopers and they are HILARIOUS!! None of the announcers meant for it to come out in embarrassing ways, but spoonerisms just happen.

One time there was a kiddy show similar to Howdy Doody. It was forced upon an announcer who HATED kids, and he did not want to do the show. But it was "either or" (fired), or quit! So he labored thru it trying to be happy-go-lucky and please the kids and the producers. After one trying day (and this was during the days of LIVE radio), he wearily signed off, paused for a bit and said,

"Are we off the air?"

Somebody replied, "Yeah, I think so."

"GOOD! THAT'LL HOLD THE LITTLE B#####DS!!!!"

They were NOT off the air, and it went out over the entire East Coast!!!!!:biggrin_25521::biggrin_25521:

:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

Wouldn'tcha like to hear the scolding he got for that!!!!!!! (Remember: it was the '50s!)

GF

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.