Considering schneider intermodal in chicago, what's the pay like?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by boskiiiiiiiiii, Apr 28, 2019.

1. boskiiiiiiiiii

boskiiiiiiiiii Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    whats up guys?
    so im thinking about jumping on at schneider or jb hunt local intermodal out of chicago. what are the guys bringing in per week at these two companies? decent money?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrReactor

MrReactor Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    JB Hunt has easier work, far more drop/hooks and easier rails to deal with. I don't know about the pay, just know JB Hunt is King in Chicago

RookieJ1987 and RERM Thank this.
  4. boskiiiiiiiiii

boskiiiiiiiiii Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    @MrReactor thanks for the reply sir. schneider is advertising 100% drop and hooks in chicago . im just wanting to know what the guys are taking in experience and no experience

5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I can't speak to JB going to easier rails, they go to the same ones sch does, only sch doesn't go to the ns ramps. (Except 103rd)
    I made good money while I was at sch, but you need to work the system and build rapport with the dispatchers. Most guys take home $800-1,000. It's really going to depend on your work ethic. I worked there 3.5 years, but the last 2.5 were as a flex driver. (I made my own schedule and worked when I wanted to) As a flex driver working 3-4 days a week I made mid $60's. But I worked the system always to my benefit and worked every weekend for those 2.5 years.

6. MrReactor

MrReactor Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Chicago
    100% drop/hook sounds like a good deal! Ever since Schneider started using their own chassis in Chicago, things have been a lot easier. Only draw back to Schneider is their usage of CSX rail.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.