Contaminated fuel- truck breakdown

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Galaxy1002, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Curious, was the truck not giving you any signs of distress? We've had this problem before from a crappy station we used to fuel at. Before our engines were damaged or destroyed the trucks would dump white smoke from the exhaust and would struggle severely uphill and on flat ground couldn't get over 35 mph, but it was always very clear when there was what we call "bug juice" in the tank and would get it parked and taken care of before any major damages occured. Mind you all our trucks are pre emissions idk if that plays a factor

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mobile Proctologist

Mobile Proctologist Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2019
    You can get algicide for decontamination ..personally I think it's from the bio diesel added .it's been explained as algae forming between the water and fuel in tanks.. I do know that flying j and pilot run their tank heaters continuously (possibly to cheat you out of fuel) an old timer told me once to always fuel around 4 am to give the fuel time to be cool .because the fuel expands with heat ..so if you put your finger in the fuel stream of the nozzle and it's warm just put on enough to get better fuel down the road

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.