Convert a RTAO 16710C-AS to a manual?? 1st gen auto shift w/ clutch pedal. HOW???

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by JJL LLC, Apr 7, 2015.

1. VolvoD12

VolvoD12 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    So I did the conversion of the autoshift Transmision (Eaton) to a 10 speed manual. My truck is a 2001 Volvo with a D12 engine, however I’m not getting any throttle response/ no acceleration. The shop is saying that they’re not able to program the parameters and that a new engine control unit is need it. Any one with some advice or knowledge on regards to this? I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Did u ever fix this?

4. VolvoD12

VolvoD12 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    Not yet, need to find a truck with the same engine and manual transmission so that they can program it. Just and FYI if your truck is a Volvo engine made, don’t do it. Volvo has It too hard to get into the parameters and programming, but if it’s got a Cummins engine you won’t go through all the trouble and will be cheaper too. DUNE-T is that truck on your picture what you currently drive, and it’s a D-12 engine? Are you having the same shifting issues?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Yes, that's my truck,but it's a 13 speed. I just converted a similar truck with n14 and did not have any issues. That mechanic also have converted a truck with Volvo D12 engine last year and there were no problems. Pm me for his info if you need it, he is in Warren, MI

6. VolvoD12

VolvoD12 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    I’ll greatly appreciate it, because it’s been a nightmare.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.