Conway Truckload; A Very Low Paying Job

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Surfer Joe, Jun 13, 2014.

1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Yeah...
    " " That was one of those nights"
    ... Yep

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    $67,319 for the year is absolutely and positively EXCELLENT money!!
    That averages out to approximately $1,294 a week, or approximately $5,609 a month.
    MORE POWER TO YOU!!
    This looks like a company that you could be working at, for many years to come, POTENTIALLY retiring from Conway Truckload, when the time comes.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
    I TRULY and GENUINELY hope that your family BOTH appreciates and respects you for all the hard work you are doing for both them and yourself.
    Also, I TRULY and GENUINELY hope that the members of this forum, (TTR), BOTH appreciate and respect you for all your hard work and effort.
    God bless you and your family!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    markealy Thanks this.
  4. UltraZero

UltraZero Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2013
    CFI/Con-Way Truckload. I think for a new driver, this is the place to go for a full shake down. To see if this job (truck driving) is for you. At least in the 2007-2010 years. I don't know what the company does now, but, it was like going to a military camp. You had to be up a certain hours in the night for night drives, you had to stand out in the training yard and wait your turn to drive a truck. You had test after test to make sure you were worthy of working for them. If you could not get up, you got a bus ticket home. If you missed a shift and could not recover, you got a bus ticket home. If you had something bad on your drug test, you were gone.

Now - Once passing all that and you got on board, you got a trainer for a certain period of time. After which you got your truck and a fleet manager. It was up to you, to get to know your fleet manager and know if he or she was going to run you the way you wanted to be run. If you are lazy and want to make little money, there are fleet managers for you. If you are aggressive and want to stay busy, there are fleet managers for you also.

The money was there, but, you had to know how to get it.

There were games as well and you had to know how to avoid the company games.

5. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I'm just waiting to see what happens with the ne administration since xpo took over

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I've seen little, if anything, from Con-Way to justify any of this.

Air Breeze Thanks this.
  7. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Last that I heard Conway Truckload trucks are all equipped with Automatic Transmissions. If thats all you ever learn to drive your going to have a tough time finding another job if you decide to find another company to drive for. If you can't shift a Standard Transmission you won't pass the driving test for most Companies. I've seen plenty of people fail because they never learned to shift gears properly.

carramrod32 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.