cooking in the truck

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by beezle, Jun 19, 2007.

1. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    A small power inverter and a small crockpot,has the truck smelling good all day.I also have a lunchbox cooker.they cook very fast

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Really!!!! Are you nuts. Anyone of us would only drive like 50 miles, stop and eat it all. Smelling that cooking would make me mental.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    There something "down home" about the crock pot smell.

LOVE doing crock pot in the crisp fall / winter time. It's a satisfying experience to park the rig after day & eat some fresh, home cooked.

BlueThunderr and chopper103in Thank this.
  5. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Yup. You nailed it

6. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    I use a few drops of rubbing alcohol, which evaporates completely with no residue and a paper towel.... squeaky clean and sterile, without water... what more could you ask for? A bottle of alcohol lasts me several months.

7. truck_n_vacation

truck_n_vacation Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    I use the same thing with a hot water kettle. Works great and real easy clean up!

I have a skillet also. User every morning for eggs, precooked bacon and toast. 1500 inverter. I have the truck started or apu, and windows down. I'll cook a ribeye on one side flip it and throw in the frozen veggies then. Mmmmmm.

NavigatorWife and albert l Thank this.
  8. truck_n_vacation

truck_n_vacation Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Also my skillet is ceramic coated. Few drops of water and paper towel, all good.

albert l Thanks this.
  9. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    I've got another toy I like, similar to this:
    microgrill.jpg ... cooks a mean steak in the microwave.

10. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    There is a little cooker called ready,start,go.it cooks eggs,steak,and brownies.grilled veggies

11. My-Ke

My-Ke Light Load Member

I keep a mini-fridge with separate freezer, stove, oven, pressure-cooker, microwave, beach chair, and folding table on my truck.

Occasionally I cook up amazing things on the stove like pancakes, scrambled eggs, fried rice, pork chops, or swordfish steak. I cook safely inside the truck by keeping the area clear and venting through all windows. And only when the truck is parked. Sometimes I cook outside and relax in the beach chair if it's a pretty day.

For the times when I want to eat good without too too much effort, I use the pressure-cooker. Line it with aluminum foil, add a little bit of water, toss in a frozen pork chop or some frozen wings from the freezer, add a lil' bag of frozen mixed vegetables and some rice. Push the button on for 30-minutes, sit and watch TV, and one show later you've got a perfect meal.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Reason for edit: typo
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.