Cool co-driver wanted

Discussion in 'Drivers Looking for a Team Driver' started by Ari N, Nov 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari N

Ari N Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2023
    New cool co-driver wanted to team with, as old one went for a local job. Been driving with Total Transportation of Mississippi for over 10 years, teaming last 3, member of the Million safe miles club. Had a nice dedicated cross country run to CA, home weekly, for years. Waiting for a new nice one, OTR until then. Need someone who’s able to take his/hers home time/time off in a reasonable range from central Massachusetts, to keep the truck at. I personally live in Salem, NH.
    Facebook profile Ari Olavi Nivala

F7328590-4062-492C-83D7-677657C1892A.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    You will likely get more/better responses -- if you explain:
    • What are the minimum requirements for the job
    • Is this reefer freight -- or something else
    • Is a hazmat endorsement required/preferred
    • What is the typical pay range (gross)
    • For a co-driver -- what is your definition of "cool" :cool:
    -- L

Ari N Thanks this.
  4. Ari N

Ari N Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2023

•Needs to be able to get hired by
    Total Transportation of Mississippi
    1-800-942-2104 totalms.com
    • 100% dry van, no touch freight, drop & hook oriented
    • hazmat not required but recommended
    • double trailers endorsement I would highly recommend as well. A written exam away at your local driver’s license bureau. I gotten years of experience on those and happy to show you the ropes.
    • I made 120K last year doing doubles cross country, co-driver with 3 years experience over 100K. Depends on mileage and how much effort we put in. This year on track bringing home over 100K as well.
    • A cool co-driver is a safe, dependable, trustworthy, clean, healthy, open minded, nonjudgmental, no drama person with a healthy sense of humor. One who is social and easy going enough, but one who also knows to respect and balance it with personal space and privacy, so not to get on each other’s nerves. It’s a small world after all.

5. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Ok -- those are good answers (especially your definition of a "cool" driver).

Personally -- I thought that Total was a reefer fleet -- didn't think they were doing dry van and/or doubles trailers. :eek:

Also -- do you prefer:
    • Night-time driving -- or daytime driving -- or doesn't matter
    • A co-driver that is a smoker/non-smoker/doesn't matter
    • Someone older (past age 45 or so) -- or someone younger/doesn't matter
    • A lady co-driver/doesn't matter
    • Co-driver without an automatic transmission CDL restriction/doesn't matter
    -- L

Ari N Thanks this.
  6. Ari N

Ari N Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2023
    • I prefer daytime driving, but I’m very flexible. From experience, having 12 hour shifts each and splitting the night shift burden in half by switching drivers well past midnight has turned out to be a pretty good compromise. Turns the pure night shift to more of an early start day one as the other shift also takes a bite of the night.
    • I’m a non-smoker myself but a smoking co-driver not a deal breaker. Just use side windows and vents to blow the smoke out, as not to make the place a gas chamber.
    • Age is just a number, more important is a healthy mind and body
    • Gender of co-driver not an issue. I’m quite gender fluid, non binary myself, though biologically a man some would say.
    • Automatic transmission license restriction nonissue. Whole fleet fully automatic as today’s norm. New nice trucks, got a brand new myself
    • Double trailers a minor niche sector for the company, some contracts mostly with Fedex in the past, no worries, I would show the way
    • The driving I enjoy the most is cross country through the Magnificent West, across the wide open spaces. My company only sends teams out to the West coast. That’s a reason in itself to not to be a Lone Ranger

7. Ari N

Ari N Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2023
    Would be likely looking at my old co-drivers pay of 42 cents per mile plus monthly bonus up to 7 cents each for all miles run and additional 5 cents each for all hazmats. Would be flown down to Memphis TN or Jackson MS for orientation and seated with me in a week

lual Thanks this.
  8. Star Rider

Star Rider Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Michigan
    I have a pet, would 'Cuddles' be a deal breaker?

upload_2023-12-1_15-59-43.jpeg

9. Ari N

Ari N Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2023
    I would love it, super cool lol! My company’s pet policy only allows dogs and cats I think

Star Rider Thanks this.
  10. Filson55!

Filson55! Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2023
    I live in south ga. On the Fl Ga line at I - 75 - how would this work for u - I would be able to get hired on - I’m married - I just want to make $$$ - thanks for your time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.