Corona Virus: Places opening their doors in thanks

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Wasted Thyme, Mar 19, 2020.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Once upon a time it was all walk up, or bring it out to your car.

Progress...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Connecticut actually used to have Semi drive throughs on 95. They tore them down with the remodels, and I don't think they'd used them in years prior, but they did work as late as the 90's.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Light Load Member

May 7, 2010
    Trenton, NC
    Do you get in a truckstop shower with bare feet? I always ware flip flops or shower shoes.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve had no problem getting walk up service. It seems a news story brought our delima to light. No one wants bad press. Today, I saw a bunch of reserved parking spots at the TA. A story on how some major Truckstops are taking advantage of the parking crunch since the 14 hr rule was mandated would be nice. TA and Petro, guilty, while Loves explains free, and increasing lot sizes for new Locations. Good free advertising for Loves, bad press for TA and Petro. I resent it myself, simply because I’ve been a loyal customer for years. Understandable in high real estate areas, but extortion in other areas almost half the lot sometimes is unused reserve spots.

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I've never worried, but I usually turn the water on full hot while I get undressed. More likely to slip on shower shoes.

7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Many years ago, i was stopping at the Love's in Ripon, CA to grab something to eat. It was around 2 am and the Loves was a cluster, trucks lining up out in the road to get in. So, i was going to get back on the big road and continue. As i was passing the Jack in the Box, i decided to try there and parked on the street by their drive-up window. The dining area was closed and a sign on the drive thru said 'no walk up". The manager waved me up, took my order thru the window and then got my food to me when it was ready. She said she saw me get out of the truck, and she figured i wasn't there to rob them.
    There are/were a few nice people in CA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.